Chapter 2

“The car is needed in the loading dock at 10:45,” I told the driver on the other end of the phone as I walked alongside Harry down the long twisting hallways of the arena. Paul lead the way with Liam riding horseback on Louis next to Paul and Niall and Zayn kicking a ball somewhere far ahead of us. I could tell Harry was slowing his pace and for some reason I slowed mine too, keeping time with his. It was a thing I did out of habit, not just with Harry. I didn’t like leaving them unattended or dragging behind. 

I noticed Harry jiggling door knobs as we passed but figured it was just something he was doing to entertain himself. I almost yelped when he grabbed my waist and pulled me into an open doorway. I glared at him, but couldn’t say anything since I was still on the phone with their driver who was running through the different routes to take back to their hotel. We were in a stairwell, completely alone. My heart started racing in my throat as he held me against the wall with a flat palm and kicked the door to the stairwell closed. 

“Route three we’ll only use if there’s chasers,” I explained to the driver, keeping my professionalism as we figured out the best routes to take if the boys bus ended up with people following them or running along side it. 

Harry grinned and held his large hands on my hips, pulling them off the wall and pressing his against mine. I mouthed no, my eyes wide to show I was serious. He made a whatever face and pushed my hair off my neck. I pushed on his chest but the kid was like an unmovable wall. I pressed my cheek to my shoulder to keep his lips off my neck while I smacked him on the shoulder. He grabbed my wrist and held tight to it, tucking it behind my back and holding it there. 

“That sounds good, Mario. Thank you,” I said to the driver, trying to rush him off the phone so I could beat the shit out of Harry. He nudged my nose with his and stared into my eyes, flexing his left dimple and touching his tongue to my upper lip. I breathed out through my nose and felt my spine turn to jelly but quickly caught myself and straightened up.

“See you at 10:45,” I finished up, waiting for the line to go dead before I smacked my phone to the side of Harry’s head. He jolted and winced, narrowing his eyes that were almost blue today due to his blue plaid shirt that he had lazily buttoned to the middle of his chest, the cuffs rolled up his forearms. 

“Be nice,” he whined.

“Let me go, Harry.” I tried to get my arm that he still had pinned between my back and the wall free but he had it firm. It was the day after our night together and although he’d been good all day, not even so much as giving me a suggestive look, he was far from behaving now. 

“I’ve wanted you alone all day,” he confessed, sliding his fingers across my jaw.

“I wasn’t kidding last night, Haz. It can’t happen again. It was a one of, kind of deal.” 

“You can’t fuck me like that and not expect me to come back.”

“You can have anyone you want. Just…move on, okay?” I was trying my best but he was so close to me and he smelled so clean and it only made me want to dirty him up. Truth was, he’d been far more non-chalent about the whole thing all day than I’d managed to be. I kept spacing out, staring at the curve of his jaw or the way he’d play with his hands while waiting for something. I even caught myself staring at his calves that were exposed by his rolled up jeans. No eighteen year old should have been allowed to look the way he did. 

“Obviously I can’t have anyone I want.”

I tightened my jaw, prepared to be stern with him but what I wasn’t prepared for was his foot sliding between mine to bring himself even closer. His hand, warm on my hip. His thumb rubbing the skin of my cheek and his forehead lowering to mine.