The Post-it

I'm not quite sure where I'm going to take this or if I will even finish it. But I hope you enjoy. Comments are always welcomed =] If you enjoyed it, vote & share    

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summer. 

    The gentle cool breeze caresses Heather's neck as she makes her way through the bustling city sidewalks. She's new here, yet no one pays her any mind. To them she was just like any other person, void of any importance. Back home it would have been different; anyone remotely new to the town would have been greeted and offered assistance along with a firm handshake or warm embrace. This thought was interrupted by an enticing aroma as she nears Starbucks, her usual choice for a cup of coffee.  Tempted to go and indulge, she optes not to due to the fact that it was pretty crowded. Her caffeine fix would have to wait until later. She has a meeting with someone at a bookstore down the street and doesn't want to be late. She didn't know this person and was determined not to make a bad first impression. After all, who knows where this could lead... if anywhere. 

    Truth is she doesn't even know what this person looks like, all she has is his name. David. Meeting him would be risky... but how bad could it be? They were meeting in a populated area. If anything happened, which she hopes not, she could always yell for help. Nearing her destination, she begins to have second thoughts, "What are you doing Heather? What if this all goes wrong? What if he wants to hurt me? No... he couldn't. People weren't like that...were they? If he wanted to hurt me, he could have followed me home from the diner and killed me. But he didn't. He left a post-it on my table, when I went to the restroom, telling me when and where to meet him." Completely wrapped up in having a mental dispute with herself, Heather was startled by a hand on her shoulder and an embarrassing little yelp escapes her lips. She turns around to see a a tall man dressed in faded dark jeans and a white v-neck t-shirt. He has clear blue eyes paired with a crooked smile.

     "Heather? Sorry to scare you, I'm David by the way." He extends his hand for an official greeting. "It's nice to meet you."

    Heather was flabbergasted. It took her a good few seconds to process what just happened. She takes his hand and shakes it lightly. "Hi... you startled me there."

     David chuckles, "Sorry. I saw you walking and I wanted to catch up. Probably should have called your name but... oh well." He gave her another crooked smile and she couldn't help blush. A good few seconds passed before he decides to break the silence. "The bookstore is just a few doors down. They have a cafe upstairs. Shall we go?" Heather nods and follows him to the store and up the stairs to the cafe in silence.

  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tell me what you think =]