Chapter 2

It's been hard avoiding Stella. Especially since we slept in the same room. I've been making sure that I wasn't alone with her in the shower room or the bunk room. Whenever she would ask me anything, I would ignore her or talk to someone else.
Right now, I was laying on my bunk staring up at the ceiling. My God I was bored. I still wasn't assigned a job, so I had nothing to do but read and talk to the other girls.
"Man quit moving!" I turned to my side and looked down to see Poussey struggling to do Black Cindy's hair.
"Hold on. These itty bitty chairs where obviously not made for the curvy girls!" Cindy replied as she kept shifting in her seat.
"Sit on the floor then!"
"I ain't a dog!"
Listening to these two argue always made my day. I started laughing which made Cindy look up at me with an annoyed expression.
"Who you laughing at?" She used her hands as she spoke.
"You" Poussey laughed "Girl you look like Bubbles from the powerpuff girls with that hairstyle!"
Me and Poussey laughed harder as Cindy looked at herself in the mirror.
"Shiiiiiit I do" she laughed with us and started moving her head side to side, showing off her puffs.

"Carlin, Chapman, Hayes, Rivers and Washington please report to your counsellor for your bunk assignment"
"Finally we're out of this place" Poussey said as she started collecting her stuff.
"Where are we going?" I said confused as Stella walked into the room.
"Hopefully the ghetto" Cindy replied.
I packed all my stuff up and went to Healy's office.

----
We were all moved down to B dorm. AKA The Ghetto, which I didn't mind since it reminded me of home.
Cindy bunked with Poussey.
Piper bunked with Taystee.
And I bunked with ... Stella.
"What's with the worried look, love" she said as she started to put her things away.
"We're going to be the best of friends" she smirked and put her arm around my neck. I shrugged her off.
"Stay on your side and don't touch my stuff" I said to her, hoping she would realise that I want nothing to do with her.