One Tour Ends, Another Begins

Drag Me To The Grave (Andy Biersack/Warped Tour)

Hey guys, so I've got a new one, which has been sitting on my computer for a long time now. Thought I'd upload it and see how it goes. So please read it and if you like it, let me know, thanks.

One Tour Ends, Another Begins.

I shred the last of strength and energy into the final notes on my guitar, feeling close to my fingers ripping open to leave bones exposed all over the stage. I pluck the final string on my guitar and Josh does the same on the bass, as my older twin brother Kurt lets his guitar hang from it's strap as he focuses on the microphone, carrying the last of the lyrics to our best known hit, Rotting In Heaven, Belonging In Hell. Lastly Taylor creates the final beat on her drum kit, very nearly breaking the third pair of sticks this single evening. This is it: the end of the tour, right across the United States, a solid three months it took us, sleeping on a tour bus, playing gigs at night, drinking until the early morning until we slept just enough to get us through sound check and the show before repeating.

'Goodnight Ohio!' Kurt screams into the mic, the sweat dripping down all our faces from the sheer heat of the room and over two hours of performing. I unwrap myself from guitar strap and wire before taking a quick gulp of water from my bottle before launching several plectrums into the crowd, Josh doing the same. Taylor runs over to us and hurls her sticks into the manic crowd, chanting for one more song. We'd love to, but a serious lack of sleep is catching up on me now and I wouldn't be able to. Josh and I grab a hold of Taylor's shirt as she always goes crazy at the end of the show and if she stage dived I think the crowd would eat her alive; they're screaming that loud. As we exit the stage, Kurt runs back on and throws the beanie he'd taken off two songs into the set in to the crowd. The front row dived into a frenzy to catch it.

This is what it is like to be a member of the Connecticut born band, The 12th Experience. This is what it is like being the twin sister of the band's lead singer as well. I'm Harley Bennett, or rather Harriet if you're my mother or the band manager when pissed off. 24, purple haired, tattooed sleeved, vans wearing and recognized as the band's lead guitarist as well as the little sister to Kurtis-John 'Kurt' Bennett, along side Taylor 'Mad-Hat' Hatter, drummer, and Josh Watt, bass player. We started off as your average outcast and messed up kids, meeting through school and forced social conventions our parents signed us up for. Taylor has been my best friend since we were little, despite her being two grades below Kurt and me. Josh came to school half way through the sixth grade, whilst Kurt and I were in the fifth. He was from Oklahoma, a kid in his brothers' hand-me downs and glasses that constantly were held up with tape. He met several guys in the school band who introduced him to Kurt via a Dungeons and Dragons club in our school.

We were just generally overlooked and forgotten, that person on page eight of the yearbook who you though sat next to you one time in science. The band was just something to do, to get us out of the house, practicing in Taylor's garage, when the sun shined, when it snowed. I can't even remember where the name came from. I think it was Kurt's idea, 12th time lucky for something or something similar.

Once off stage, Josh just pours a whole bottle of water over his head, soaking him from the ends of his dyed dark red hair to the tips of his sneakers.

'Holy shit.' Kurt breathed heavily as he collapsed on the good sofa in the dressing room. I copy him and collapse onto the other sofa, Taylor following suit and collapsing on top of me. I don't have the energy to throw her off. You share a tour bus with Mad-Hat Taylor then you get used to this sort of thing to her randomly crying over a ripped poster of Johnny Depp. It's been known to happen, believe me.