Chapter One

Maia's pov
I woke up and realized I had to go to school today and get bullied by the hottest guy at my school, Jack Gilinsky. I don't know why he bullies me but he enjoys it a lot.
I got out of bed and got dressed. I grabbed my phone and walked right out of the door. I put my headphones in my ears and walked to school. I didn't look up I just felt something about to happen, I was right.
Jack walked to me and pushed me into my locker. He has been bullying me for 5 years we have known each other since middle school.

"Hey Geek" Jack said smirking so much. "What the hell do you want from me Jack I am so tired of you" I said trying to push him off. "I don't want anything from you Maia" Jack said. Before I knew it I felt my face stinging like hell.
Jack punched me in my stomach, It hurt so much. I slid my back down the lockers as Jack walked away to go talk to his friends.
He doesn't understand what I'm going through he probably wouldn't care either. But my parents are putting me up for adoption and I have to pack and leave to go tomorrow He doesn't bully anyone else but me I'm really the only person that gets bullied but by the most popular guy.
I got up and ran to the girls bathroom, No one was in there. So I slid down the door and sat there crying and looking at the bruises forming. I walked out of the bathroom and started walking to class but I bumped into two guys and I fell. One of the guys was Aaron Carpenter the adorable boy he's the nicest boy in school then the other guy was Jack, of course it had to be him.

"I am so sorry" Aaron said helping me up while Jack glared at me. "It's okay I wasn't paying attention" I said trying to hurry and get away from Jack. "I gotta go my class is starting" I said running to my class. Jack's friends were spitting spit balls at me and throwing paper.

*** After School***
I tried to get home as fast as I can and that was a huge success. But I found a note on my door from Jack saying "Maia I'm sorry for bullying you I'm going through some things. I'm sorry for all of the bruises, calling you all of those names, ever touching you ~ Jack".
I took the note upstairs and decided to hang out with my best friend at the beach. "Ashleyyy" I said as I walked on the beach going to sit next to her. "Hey Maia how was your day at school" Ash asked.
"Horrible. I got bullied literally all day non stop by the same guy. But this whole day in horrible I can't believe tomorrow I'm leaving because my parents are putting me up for adoption and I just don't know what to do" I said with tears forming in my eyes. "Maia it'll be okay" Ash said hugging me.

Jack's pov
I am only bullying Maia because my parents are stressing me out, I'm upset literally every day, and they are adopting a kid. I left a note on Maia's door apologizing for everything I did to her.
I decided that I'm just gonna go to the beach to get my mind off of everything. I walked to the beach and I didn't know whether to stay or not because Maia is here with Ashley. I just sat away from them but I kept looking over there at Maia
She stood up and walked towards my way and she looked straight at me then looked away. "Maia" I said softly. She didn't even look at me after that. She kept walking. I felt horrible.