Chapter VII - Playing Romeo Montague And Juliet Capulet

Note: not edited

Chapter 7 - Playing Romeo Montague And Juliet Capulet

Sometimes I wonder what it feels like just to stay calm as if nothing is happening. Like your at home lying on the sofa or on your bed, eating some poptart smores, and lazing around watching some boring movie that you have seen like for a hundreth time in your fifteen years of living.

If I had that moment, then I’d rather choose that boring scene than do what I’m nervously doing right as of this moment.

Today is actually the auditions for the character roles of Shakespeares’ story of Romeo and Juliet.

The auditioning for the minor characters was done just twenty minutes ago, as Miss O’Brien, the director of the play, have given a 10-minute break before resuming back for the audtion of the main characters. Seemingly, as every seconds pass by, I’m getting all jittery and nervous.

What if I got a stage fright?

What if I forgot my lines?

What if I’m out of tune when I’m singing my lines?

What if. . .

“What if you just concentrate that you will get through with this audtion, and you will get that lead role of Juliet.”

“Its not that easy if you are in my position.” I said to Skylark, who was beside me, as  we waited at the backstage. “You aren’t the one who is auditioning,” I scowled at him.

He ignored my comment and just said, “Or you’d rather want Brittany to take the lead role of Juliet, then where will you be?”

I winced at his point. If Brittany gets the role of Juliet, heaven forbid, then she’ll definitely rubbed it on my face and tell it to the whole academy that she has beaten me. She won’t stop until I’ll admit defeat and decide to transfer to another school because of an humiliating loss.

I’m pretty sure that if Brittany gets the lead role of Juliet, then I’m sure she’ll find ways to convince Miss O’Brien to let me be a part of the play—say, her maid— because it would be a waste of talent if I won’t be in the play.

Like I said before, I’d rather let death drag me to hell than see that outer-face-of-an-angel-but-actually-a-devil-face-in-the-inside bitch take the lead role of Juliet.

“You know, you’ve been saying a lot of profanity a lot these days,” Skylark said, half-amused and half scolding at me. “Getting yourself to heaven is going to be a blur,” he then tsked.

I glared at him. “How did you know about that? Did you just read my mind?”

Seriously, is there no more subtly within this generation?

“Actually, I didn’t read your mind. I just heard you say it loudly,” Skylark said, while laughing. “The people around us could attest my claim that I’m not lying. I’m sure they heard you too.”

Once the words came out from his mouth, I looked around and saw people giving odd looks at me. Some were even laughing, and shaking their heads at my misdemeanor language.

Great! Now my reputation is ruined and they may think that I’m going insane.

Just bloody great!

My face was getting redder by the second just thinking of those things. I instantly turned to Skylark. “You could have told me or covered my mouth to prevent me from saying those words,” I angrily hissed at him.

“I would have done so, if you would have just let go of my hands,” he pointed, which I didn’t realized I was gripping too hard that his wrist was burning red when I let go.