Chapter 34 - Gâteau

Start from the beginning

Malia: Are you guys out? I am parked outside the hotel
Carter: STAY IN THE CAR we are about to come out.

Sure enough I look up and I see them come out of the hotel. They are practically dragging Shawn. They go in the opposite direction and get into another limousine.

"Who is driving that limousine?" I ask Logan.

"Logan."

"WHAT? You're right here!" I shout at Logan. Is he mad?

"Haha, actually I am not Logan," He says with a chuckle. I scramble as far away from him as I can get. "Don't worry. I am actually Logan's twin brother. My name is Michael. The guys had me tell you I was Logan because you probably wouldn't have trusted me if I said I wasn't," He explains.

"I probably wouldn't have," I say to him. But I relax. "Sorry I didn't mean to react that way," I tell him.

"It's okay, but if my services are no longer needed then I suggest you get to baking they can only occupy Shawn for so long," Michael says.

"OH YEAH I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THAT!" I exclaim. I quickly hop out of the car and grab my shopping bags. Michael helps me carry the groceries up to the hotel room then he left. I quickly pulled out my phone and all the groceries and set them on the counter so I could start baking. Oh they better have bowls and whisks.

THEY DO!! YES! I pull up the directions

Preheat oven to 425F degrees. I turn on the oven and preheat it to 425 degrees. I pull out the large cupcake mold. I was surprised they had it. I sprayed it with pam. Then I set it aside. I took out one of the bowls provided by the hotel and put the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in. I gently stirred until combined. I took out another bowl and whisked the eggs and sugar together. I then poured in the milk, oil, and vanilla. I then folded the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. I mixed until there were no big pockets of flour left. The batter was quite thick and lumpy. I then proceeded to pour the chocolate chips in. Once I had mixed them well in I poured it all into the cupcake mold and it fit perfectly. I put it in the oven for five minutes then I decreased the temperature to 375F degrees and let it bake for 30 minutes.

When the muffin cake was done I pulled it out of the oven and set it on the stove to cool for about half an hour. I texted Carter to give him an update.

Malia: Just pulled the cake out of the oven. I am going to start cleaning up. I will text you when the smell of cake is gone and it is well hidden.
Carter: alright hurry.

Great now I need to hurry. I opened up all the windows to air out the smell and then I quickly began to clean all of the ingredients up. I put the milk and eggs in the fridge. We can use those for breakfast or something. I texted Alyssa to see if she wanted any of the ingredients.

Malia: Hey Alyssa I know this is an odd request but I just baked Shawn a birthday cake and it is supposed to be a surprise and I have leftover flour, sugar, vanilla extract, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, chocolate chips, and vegetable oil. Do you need any of those things?
Alyssa: That is an odd request but I guess I could drive up there and pick them up. We are kind of low on those things except for the sugar but we can take it anyways.
Malia: THANK YOU SO MUCH. You know my hotel right?
Alyssa: Yeah.
Malia: Okay I will be down there with the stuff.

I quickly shut off my phone and started to pack the ingredients in an orderly fashion so I don't have to take more than one trip. I found a cardboard box and put it all in there. It was quite heavy but I managed to get into the elevator. I set it on the floor as I road down to the lobby. When the elevator opened its doors I hurried as quickly as possible to get outside. The ingredients were quite heavy. I made it outside. I looked around for Alyssa. I saw her waving at me from a grey Toyota. I picked up the box and made my way over to her. She took it from me and put it in her trunk.