Love Like Magic// Chapter 1

A pillow was flung at my head. "Ugh, what?" "Hey, first day of school, get up." I got up and met Brandon's eyes. "Breakfast is downstairs." He walked out. "One more thing," he said, popping his head into my room. "Fix your hair, it looks a bit, terrible." He walked downstairs. I got up, got ready, fixed my monstrous hair, and went to get breakfast. My mom and Mrs. Wood were in the kitchen, Brandon was getting breakfast, and Oliver was reading the Daily Prophet. I walked over and kissed him on the cheek. "Good morning m'lady." I giggled at his enthusiasm, and the fact that he called me 'm'lady', love when he calls me that. We finished breakfast and got ready to go to the train station. I was putting a few more things in my trunk. I grabbed my little framed photo of Oliver and I, rubbing my finger over it. I was so lucky to have him in my life. My train of thoughts were interrupted when a pair of arms snaked their way around my waist. They left a kiss behind my ear. "Hello m'lady," a deep voice said. I giggled. Oliver knew that I loved when he had a deep, raspy voice. Since he couldn't always have a raspy voice, he would try a deep voice. It worked, but wasn't as good as his morning voice. "Hey." "You ready for today?" "I guess." "Why say that?" "I don't get to spend as much time with you. And, you know." He knew what I was thinking. Two words, Stephen Lions. He was a big problem last year. Brandon walked into our room. "Hey, I have to get there early. I'll see you guys in a while." "Later Brandon," we said in unison. "We should get going," Oliver spoke. I nodded. We grabbed a few things and went off. Oliver held my hand the whole time. He knew that I was a little nervous about Stephen. As we were walking, I saw him. He was talking to his parents. I stopped in my tracks. Oliver turned around, followed by my mom and Mrs. Wood. Oliver looked at where I was looking and saw Stephen. He came towards me. He took my hand and put his other on my neck. "Hey, look at me. Everything will be okay, I promise." I nodded and continued to walk. We said our goodbyes and got on the train. I was still scared of Stephen. He gave me a hard time, I had a reason to be scared. Oliver grabbed my hand. 'It's okay' he mouthed.

  We walked into Hogwarts. It was still as stunning as before. I walked to the Gryffindor table, getting ready for the feast. I bumped into someone. I looked up and met Stephen's eyes. I backed up a bit. "Hey there, m'lady." I couldn't believe he called me that. Oliver was the only one who can call me that. I ran off, trying to find Oliver. I bumped into him in the hall. "You okay? What's wrong?" I was out of breath. I looked into his eyes. He saw the fear in mine. "Stephen?" I nodded. I engulfed him in a hug. "It's okay." I started to cry. "He, he-" I couldn't finish. "What did he do?" I gulped. "He called me m'lady." Oliver backed up. He got frustrated when people called me that. But coming from Stephen, I knew he was really angry. "Can we deal with this later?" He nodded, took my hand, and we walked back to the Great Hall.