I don't know if you'll get this

Letter Number 1

Dear SC

I have a confession to make. Before I tell you what I've been trying to say since we were in year 6, I'll tell you where I am and what I've been up to.

I'm in Africa right now, I've been helping with some orphanages. They're packed to the rafters with kids here. It's a range of reasons why kids are here. Some have parents who have died from things like AIDS, malaria and famine. It's truly terrible S, I hate seeing kids hungry, malnourished and suffering from AIDS being passed down from mother to child.

The weird thing is that these kids are happy. Sure sometimes they don't get to eat and they sleep on the floor but they are happy. Isn't that what life's about? Happiness? Being able to wake up with a smile on your face no matter your circumstance?

I've been trying to help with the building of a new structure in the orphanage. Trying to fund for beds to be brought in. Proper beds. With pillows and blankets. It's been hard, but this was never meant to be easy so I'm not complaining. I've grown close to some of the kids. They all call me "Uncle" I love it.

Now to the point of this letter. S you know me. I love to put pen to paper no matter what. It's more personal, like its coming from the heart. I don't know if you'll get this. I know he has a hold of you and he doesn't like me.

But I like you. No, S, I love you. I have since the day you stuck up for me in the 6th grade when Billy was making fun of me and you stepped and went all "ninja" on him. You were the coolest kid in school. I was the loner, and here we are, at the age 21, still close. Well maybe not physically, but mentally we are. S, I need to you know I am in love with you.

Please if you get this write back. You may not feel the same way, hell, I'm 64.2% sure you don't (I know how much you love ridiculously accurate pecentages).

With Love from Africa
AB