After I sent the text Xander finally started talking, saying, "My brother doesn't really trust me around you. If it was any other girl he was with then yeah, I'd hurt them to torture my brother" he said, making me stiffen before he continued saying "But seeing as you two are well, you know. I wouldn't hurt you. I don't think I'm actually capable of it"

"Wait what? First off, you would just hurt someone because your brother likes them? And what do you mean? What are we?" 

He tilted his head to the side, confused before asking "He didn't tell you? Even after last night?"

"Ahh, the whole thing that would change my life. Yeah, no. I told him not to tell me yet since it seems like he didn't want to" I told him, shrugging as if it's nothing.

"So you don't know. Interesting. And I'm guessing you don't want me to tell you then" he said, breaking off a piece of the brownie I ate half of and plopped it in his mouth saying, "This is good"

"I know. And no I don't want you to tell me. Pheonix can when he's ready. Now whats bothering me is why you would use a girl to torture your brother" I said, referring to what he said earlier.

Looking down at my phone I realized Pheonix texted me back saying My brother likes to meddle in things he really shouldn't. Is he aware that you are talking to me?

I replied Yes, though he didn't seem to happy when I told him. A lot like your reaction actually. Which is what Xander and I are talking about now actually. Seems he really likes to play match maker no matter how many times I say I don't want to talk about you. You're just the topic of the day. Can't be helped, gotta go now. Bye!

After sending that I looked up at Xander to see him watching me smiling "You really know how to wind up my brother. Anyway the stories pretty long. Not one for right now seeing as I''m pretty sure you have to get back to work" right then his phone beeped.

He looked at it then smirked, replied something then looked back up to me, saying "I'll give you my number then we can talk some other time about it. I know your dying to know the life of my very messed up brother"

"Your brothers not messed up, Xander." I argued

"You've only seen one side of him, Lynn. There's a lot more you need to know about him. Especially before you two get involved."

Ignoring his whole get involved comment I looked at him asking "And you'll tell me what I want to know?"

"Of course, though I'm sure he will as well." he assured

"Yeah, but you all tend to hide things. I know this isn't my business but... he's not dangerous right? I just, I want to know, short version. Will he hurt me?"

"No." He looked into my eyes before saying "Lynn, he is physically incapable of hurting you. It has to do with what he didn't wanna tell you yesterday. Now then, it seems my brothers not very happy with my talking to you, so I need to go." he said, standing up.

I smiled before saying "Thanks for talking with me, Xander" he smiled before walking towards me and bringing me into a hug.

Why is everyone hugging me? I mean I willingly hug one person and suddenly i'm the new stuffed animal everyone wants to cuddle.

After lightly wrapping my arms around his back,  not knowing what else to do, I backed away and finished the last of the brownie then threw away the napkin and walked back behind the counter, watching as Xander grabbed his tea and walked out of my work, smiling. 

Sighing I went back to the cash register to take back my spot from Ellie and turned to the next customer. Looking at the clock on the wall I saw it was nearing twelve, cool. Only six hours left. I can do this.