"Xander, you cant just walk into my work and compell people to let me take a break, just so we can talk" I whisper yelled, looking around to make sure no one heard.

"Sure I can, and I did. So, lets talk." he said right before Ellie came over with his cheesecake brownie and coffee, placing it on the table and smiling at him before giving me a curious glance then walking away.

I leaned back in my chair and said "Fine, what do you want to talk about?"

When he pushed the brownie towards me and took a sip of his tea I looked at him confused. He just shrugged and said "I heard you don't eat much. Pretty sure that's not too good for staying alive so I figured if I ordered something you like and put it in front of you then you would be forced to eat it. I mean you don't want that to go to waste after I paid for it, do you?" he asked smirking, knowing I wouldn't.

"You sneaky asshole. Fine. Let's talk," I said, ripping off a piece of the brownie and plopping it into my mouth.

His eyes gleamed before he asked "Whats your favorite color?" making me raise my eyebrows at him.

"Blue, yours?" I asked him, wondering why he's asking me these simple questions.

"Black, Pheonix's is red. Just saying" he said before taking another sip of his tea.

I laughed and said "Sounds like someones playing match maker." I said before continuing quietly saying "If I want to know Pheonix's favorite color, I'll ask. Right now, I wanna know about you"

"Very well, so, what's your favorite movie?" he asked

"Howl's moving castle. Yours? I'm assuming it's something involving the pain of others?" I joked

He smirked saying "You know me so well, actually, it's ferris buler's day off. I find it oddly funny"

"Really?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Sorry to disappoint, sweetheart." he said smirking, making something inside of me get nervous. 

"Don't call me that..." I said while looking down, playing with my brownie.

"You don't seem to have a problem when my brother calls you it." he explained, making me question it.

Right then my phone started vibrating, oops. I forgot it was on, good thing I'm not working. Looking at the contact name I saw it was Pheonix. Speak of the devil, er well, the hybrid.

"That's different... i guess. I don't know, I never really noticed he was saying it. With you it's.. weird. I guess your right, he shouldn't call me that." I explained while looking at the message Pheonix sent me.

Morning, sweetheart. What are you up to today?

Seeing as he mentioned sweetheart, I might as well tell him now. While listening to Xander explain how that's not what he wanted to happen, I replied to Pheonix.

Nm, having a little talk with ur brother. Btw stop calling me sweetheart. I sent then looked up at Xander, seeing he had a worried look on his face.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Who are you texting?" he asked, narrowing his eyes.

"No one... sort of.. okay, Pheonix" I let out, giving in at his stare.

Then my phone buzzed again, making me look at it, ignoring the glare Xander was giving me.

You've never seemed to have a problem with it before. Why now. Also, where and why are you talking to my brother? 

"It seems like Pheonix isn't happy with you talking to me" I told Xander looking up at him  before continuing, asking, "Why is that?"

When he didn't respond I decided to reply to Pheonix, texting Well  Xander mentioned it and I realized that he's right. It's weird so yeah, no more of that. Oh and he came into my work wanting to talk. Seems you vampires are very persuasive when people arn't on vervain.