Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 18 continued)

Start bij het begin

     Grant laughs and opens up the blinds, “Saturday. Big night tonight, are you ready?”

     I lean up in the bed, facing the bright sun. “Yeah, I am ready.”

     “You better be!” Grant gets up from the bed and walks towards the door but turns back, “They are excited to meet you.”

     My heart flutters, as he tells me this. It was a new day, for something great to happen. I could take whatever came my way no matter what. I know I could.

     “Site seeing today?”

     Before I could answer him, he answers for me. “You would love too. Great.”

     I laugh, while Grant nags and tells me to hurry it up and that he didn’t have all day. So I quickly got out of bed and changed into another pair of cloths. I couldnt decide whether I wanted to go casual, or dress. This was New York, and I’m pretty sure that everyone else would be looking classy. So, I decided on wearing a long pair of white pants and a black button up shirt tucked in.

     I looked in the mirror and smiled at myself. Not that I really had anything to smile about, but I made myself. I pushed all of my black hair over to the side and I braided it into a loose braid. I also told myself over and over again, that this would be a great day, I knew it would. I was so excited to sight see in New York City. It would be amazing.

     I quickly grab my purse and head out of my room towards the kitchen where I hear Cannon and Grant arguing… Over me?

     “Why did you bring her hear Grant?” Cannons voice was trying to whisper, but it wasn’t working too well. “It makes everything complicated.”

     “What are you talking about?”Grant was calmly going about his business and talking in a sane voice. “Samantha and I are strictly friends.”

     “You can’t avoid what happened before you left. It’s not possible.”

     I hated eavesdropping, but sometimes I was seriously just in the wrong place at the wrong time. It always happened to me.

     Grants head snapped towards Cannon and gave an angry look, “That was nothing, it wasn’t supposed to happen. I’m not like you.” Grant growled.

     I sat in deep thought before I cleared my throat to let them know I was around. I wandered what Cannon had been talking about. He couldn’t avoid what had happened?

     What was Cannon like?

     My face started feeling hot and sweaty when I had gotten their attention. Both set of eyes burned into me, as if I had heard something I wasn’t supposed too.

“You guys ready?” I laugh nervously, as their serious faces were looking towards me. I mean yeah, I had heard some stuff, but I couldn’t even put the pieces together.