Their Pride Part 25

Beginne am Anfang

“I think Alexis should have someone staying with her at all times.  There are three rooms, each with two beds in them.  You four can figure it out yourselves.  These two doors and that one right there,” Marcus said while pointing to the designated doors, “are the bedrooms.  The door at the head of the hall is the bathroom.”

“I’ll stay with Alex,” Seb said without hesitation.

Blake opened his mouth. “I could stay with Ally.”

“I will be staying with her.  Her presence doesn’t cause me to be a complete fool.  Blake you stay with your brother in the last room.  Seb you stay in the first room, and we will stay in the middle room,” Zeke said with command in his voice.

I could see Seb open his mouth to argue, but I shook my head at him to tell him to let it go.  He hesitated before giving me a small nod.  I knew the look in his eyes though; the look said that I owed him now.

Blake didn’t speak up as he grabbed Korbin’s hand and tugged him towards their bedroom.  Seb still stood there staring at us. “You will take care of her?” he asked Zeke.

Zeke gave him a nod. “With my life, brother, with my life.”

Seb bit his lip in frustration before turning his back on us.  Zeke carried me towards our new room.  Opening the door, I saw the two separate twin size beds sitting on opposite walls.  The walls were blue and brown.  Everything was blue and brown, but it was still beautiful.

“I picked this room because there are no windows and it’s in the middle.  One of them should hear if we need backup at any time,” Zeke said.

“What did you do?  Scout the place before you came?” I asked as he eased me onto the bed.

He gave me a look. “No, not personally, but I did get it checked out.  I would never allow you to go somewhere dangerous.”

“Wow, you’re my enforcer, not my body guard.”

“Well, until you are in need of an enforcer, I will be your body guard,” he told me with conviction.

“Fine, fine, whatever you say.  Oh, I know there are more than three bedrooms in this place. Why, exactly, aren’t the others being used?” I asked.

“Oh, they are being used,” he replied with a smile. “My men are there but not seen or heard.”

“You mean there are more of you?” I asked in horror.

He let out a laugh while nodding. “They will be far range body guards until we can appoint you a closer one.”

“Hmm, when I mate, does my husband not become my guard?” I asked him.

He waved a hand dismissively. “Yes, but that will take you awhile.  Plus, you better choose the right one.  I didn’t go through all of that for you to pick the other one.”

“What?”

“Oh, nothing, now, scoot over let me sit by you while we talk about that dream of yours,” he told me with a tiny smile.

He waited patiently while I scooted inch by inch over.  Finally, when there was enough room for him, he sat down just as slow as I had moved.  I knew he was trying to be careful, but the actions still annoyed me.  I gave him a look which was returned with a smile, but he did speed up his descent.

“What does it mean?” I questioned.

His eyes turned on me. “Don’t play dumb, you know what every single part of it means.”

“She left me,” I whispered while turning my face away.

“Ally Cat, she didn’t leave you alone and you know it,” he told me while rapping an arm around my shoulders.

I twisted my face into his chest, “I know, but it hurts.  I miss her.  What am I supposed to do without her guidance?”

“You will be fine.  She hadn’t been giving you guidance for a while now.  I know you, and you will be fine,” he alleged.

“You really think so?” I asked while pushing my head of his chest.

He nodded at me. “I am positive.  Now, the other part of the dream.”

I knew what part he wanted to talk about, but decided to play dumb. “All of them together were magnificent, wasn’t it?”

“Yes, and you can make that happen.  Do you know one of the powers of being Queen?”

I thought about it before responding. “No, I don’t know anything about the powers of the Queen.”

He gave me a smile. “You will be the strongest leopard.  No exceptions.  When I pinned you a couple days ago, that will never happen again.  People will respect you if you play it right, but if not, they will fear you.  My mother said it is better to rule with respect than fear for it is easy to make them fear you later, it is hard to make them respect you later.”

I nodded my head. “I understand.”

“Good, now the dream.  You can call them and they will come without hesitation.  You are the only one they will recognize.  You, your husband, and your cubs.”

“What are you talking about?” I questioned.

He ruffled my hair. “What did I say about playing stupid?  The wild cats, the wild leopards, they will aid you when you are in dire need.  Don’t overuse it because if you do they will not want to come.  If you call them only when you have no other choice, they will happily help you.”

I took a gulp reminding me how dry my throat was. “You mean I can call them to me?  The wild leopards, full leopards, will come to me?  That’s ridiculous.”

“Is it really?  That is why some will fear you.  They cannot run for the wild hunt knows where they are,” he replied sounding like he was reciting something.

“I would never send wild animals after one person,” I told him in dismay. 

He nodded. “Yes, which would be a horrible way to die, being eaten alive.  That was not what that meant though.  It meant that you can ask them where that person is.”

“They can talk?” I asked excited.

He chuckled at me. “No, but the can point you in the right direction.  They can understand you, but they cannot talk to you.”

“Oh,” I said while pouting.  That would have been awesome to talk to leopards.  Imagine how much easier it would be if I could just speak to them.

“Yes, much easier, now, will you stop trying to avoid the subject I wish to talk about?” he asked with slight amusement.

I turned my face away. “I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Why is that?  Is it because you know which of the two you want now?  You know the other one is more like a brother than a mate?” he accused.

I kept my mouth closed as I refused to speak.  He gave me a tiny smile before continuing, “You recognized the leopard that was with your cat.  Now, whose was it?”

I turned my face away refusing to let the name slip from my mouth.

He gave me a nudge. “Come on.  I’m not leaving it alone until you say it out loud.  You already know, I already know, why can’t you just say it?”

“I don’t want to,” I grumbled.

“You have to be kidding me.  You sound like a little kid.  Just say his name,” he replied in frustration.

“No.”

“If you don’t say it, then I’ll go get him right now,” he told me seriously.

I gave him a glare before screaming, “Fine.  You want to know who it was.  It was Seb.  It is Seb!”