Lovable (Tokyo Ghoul - Juuzou Suzuya x Reader)

You breathed a deep sigh of relief the moment that you'd managed to squeeze yourself through the crowded train. Even though you'd been living in Tokyo for your whole life, you still weren't used to the awful rush hours and were happy whenever you were finally able to get out of that hell of pushing and shoving. Sighing yet again, you tiredly started to trudge out of the station and towards your apartment.
You hadn't been really in a good mood for the whole day and were glad that you were soon able to plop down on your couch, put up your feet and relax. Working as a ghoul investigator at the CCG wasn't exactly a picnic and there happened to be these days were you just wanted to do nothing but return to your home.
Once you've reached your apartment, you dug a hand into your bag and started to search for your keys. After rummaging around for a while, you managed to fish them out of the darkest recesses of your handbag and plugged them into the keyhole of the door to your place before unlocking it with a quick move of your hand.
Just as you stepped into your flat and switched on the lights, you saw Juuzou's face appear right in front you.

"Ahhhh! Good evening, (f/n)-chan!~"

"KYAAAAH!!"
You instantly flinched back, giving a loud shriek as your eyes widened in shock.
"What the-?! Juuzou?!"

The snowy-haired man just offered you a bright smile in response as you stood still at the entry of your place, totally flabbergasted.
"Mhhhh, you're pretty late, (f/n)-chan. I expected you to be here much earlier."

It took you some time to comprehend what was going on and you blinked a few times in confusion until realisation hit you.
"H-hold on a minute...what are you doing in my apartment?!"

Juuzou, however, seemed to completely ignore your question as he continued with his own talking.
"Oh, did you maybe work overtime again?"

You furrowed your brows, thinking further about the situation you were in.
"And how did you even come in here in the first place?!"

But the white-haired investigator still didn't bother at all to give you a proper answer.
"Ah, come to think of it, Mr. Arima always gives you a lot of paperwork, doesn't he?"

"I-I mean, the door was locked! Did you just break in or something?!"

The young male frowned slightly as he tipped one of his fingers against his chin, he really appeared to be caught on his version of the conversation with you.
"Mhhh, paperwork is so stuffy. I would have already died of boredom a long time ago..."

You slouched your shoulders, shaking your head in disbelief. You'd known Juuzou for quiet some time now and knew that questioning this guy further more would lead you to nowhere. He simply wasn't responding to anything you said and you doubted that this would change in the twinkling of an eye. So you decided to play along with his little game, believing that this was the only way – if there was one at all – to get some answers to your questions.
Looking up at Juuzou, you gave the male a small smile.
"Yeah, I guess you're right. Paperwork isn't the most exciting thing to do. Just like you, I also prefer to actually carry out some ghoul investigations but paperwork has to be done, so there isn't really a way around."

Juuzou chuckled and flashed you yet another big grin, seemingly happy about your response.
"We're on the same page then! Except I don't really do the paperwork I get assigned to...ah, anyways! You shouldn't just stand there in the door. I didn't come to chitchat with you, after all."

You giggled secretly to yourself, amused by the white-haired man's abrupt mood swings. Even though you'd already worked a good bunch of times with Juuzou, he still never failed to surprise you. He was just so unpredictable - every time you thought he'd go right, he ended up turning left and that was what made collaborating with him so exciting.
Most people thought of him as a creepy person but you found it a lot of fun to be around him.
Though, you did have to admit that his unique way was indeed in need of getting used to.
"So...are you going to tell me now why exactly you're here, in my apartment?"