Chapter Eleven- Heavenly Day

Kamille sat on the hotel room bed, holding Alicia in her arms. She was now a week old. They were in Washington, preparing for Ciara's funeral. They had flew in days before to plan everything. Ciara really didn't have close family but she had plenty of friends. Because her mom was a crack addict, her family disowned her. She never knew her dad. Ciara didn't let that discourage her though. She had been a registered nurse a year before she passed.

Alicia slept peacefully as she sucked her pacifier. She was dressed in a little black dress, soft, black fur boots, with a black bow around her head. Kamille was dressed in a tight, black dress, a black trench coat, and black heels. Her hair hung down her back in loose curls.

"You ready baby?" Colton walked into the room. He was also dressed in all black.

He took off work for two weeks to be there for Kamille. She begged him not to take off but he did anyway. It would've kilt him to not be there for her. Colton knew she needed him to be there and he wanted to be. He wouldn't have it any other way.

"Yes, I'm ready."

Colton grabbed Alicia from Kamille's arm, placing her in the car seat. After grabbing the car seat, Kamille followed him out of the door. Katherine, Roman, Andrew, and Tameka was waiting for them in the lobby. Tameka wanted to be there for Kamille as well.

Not to Kamille's surprise, the church was crowded before they even got there. If Ciara was nothing else, she was loved. By so many people. Although, she was surprised her mother was there. She looked better than the last time she had seen her. She wasn't as skinny and her skin wasn't as pale.

Colton held Alicia in his arms as he followed behind Kamille. Andrew led the way while the rest of the family walked behind. Kamille thought she would break down again seeing her friend's lifeless body, but she didn't. She planted a kiss on Ciara's cold cheek before taking a seat.

"You okay baby?" Katherine wrapped her arm around Kamille's shoulders.

Kamille nodded slowly. "Yeah, I'm fine."

A few people took a stand to share memories they had with Ciara. Some people even sung. When Colton took a stand, Kamille was surprised. So was the rest of them. He took Alicia along with him.

"Uh, I'm Ciara's best friend's boyfriend." He laughed nervously. "Before Ciara passed, we had a conversation. She made me promise to take care of her best friend and her daughter. Of course, I told her I would." He glanced down at Alicia and started to smile. "The few weeks that I known Ciara, she showed me nothing but kindness and love. And I knew it wasn't because she was dying. It was real and pure. She told me her favorite song and asked if I would sing it today."

That's when Kamille started to cry. She couldn't hold it in any longer. Katherine took her into her embrace, laying Kamille's head on her shoulder. Colton started to sing "Heavenly day" by Patty Griffin. Ciara loved that song.

"Oh, heavenly day. All the clouds blew away. Got no trouble today, with anyone. The smile on your face, I live only to see. It's enough for me, baby, it's enough for me. Oh, heavenly day, heavenly day, heavenly day."

Colton voice was so manly, yet so soothing and calm. And, oh, so beautiful. He sounded like an angel. Kamille was sure that half of the church was in tears. The song was beautiful, so was Colton's voice.

"You will be missed Cee Cee." Colton said softly after he ended the song and taking his seat.

"That was beautiful baby." Kamille smiled at him.

Colton smiled back and kissed her forehead.

After the sermon spoken by the pastor, everyone headed towards the grave site. As they stood under the tent, rain began to pour down. Many large, black umbrellas flew up. Kamille and her family sat silently as they watched the casket being lowered into the ground.

As they were getting back into the limousine, Ciara's mom stopped them. Kamille could tell that she wasn't doing drugs anymore. Ciara would've been proud.

"Katherine. Roman. Hi." She smiled nervously, rubbing her hands together. "I just wanted to thank you guys for caring for my daughter the way that y'all did. I could never thank you enough."

Katherine grabbed her hands. "It's no problem, don't thank us. It was our pleasure."

"May I hold my grandbaby, just one time?"

Colton handed Alicia over. Ciara's mom smiled widely as she rocked the baby back and forth. Then she started to cry. No one asked any questions, they understood.

Ciara's mother held the baby a little longer before the family left. Katherine and Roman said their goodbyes and they sent their kids back home on Roman's private plane. They made it back to Florida late that evening.

Colton's parents volunteered to keep Alicia for the night so that they could get some rest. They took showers and dressed in their pajamas. Colton fixed both Kamille and, himself a glass of red wine while they sat at the island.

"It has been a long day." Kamille rubbed her hands through her messy hair. "Thank you for being there for me today. I really appreciate it."

"Don't thank me baby. It's my job to be here, okay?" Colton rubbed her cheek.

There was a knock on the door. Colton got up to answer the door. Martin, Andrew, and Tameka walked in.

"Drinking without us?" Martin raised the bottle of patron that he had in his hand. "That's cool. We got our own shit." It was clear that he was already drunk.

"What y'all do with Martin?" Colton grabbed the bottle from his hand, sitting it down.

"Not a thing." Andrew laughed, sitting down on the couch. Tameka sat next to him. "He was pulling up when we were."

"He could barely get up the steps. I don't see how he managed to drive." Tameka laughed, shaking her head.

Martin laid down on the floor, kicking off his shoes. He began to sing "Buy U A Drank" by T Pain. No one paid him any attention. Minutes later, he was sound asleep.

"Babe, you don't want to help him in the bed?" Kamille got up, sitting on the other end of the couch.

"Nahh." Colton sat next to her. "Leave his drunk ass right there. He'll be a'ight."

Andrew turned on Netflix, picking a movie to watch. They all sipped wine and had themselves a movie night. Kamille's day had been so sad and long, but she was glad it ended on a good note. She was thankful for the wonderful people in her life.