Wonderful Hues (Part 2)

This is part 2 to the last chapter!

This story was requested and inspired by Cupcake_Muffin00.

The ocs Black and White belong to @Cupcake_Muffin00 and PotatoFox987

Enjoy!

💜🤍...........................🤍💜

As White flapped her wings, wobbling unsteadily in the air, she looked over at her sibling, Black, who was attempting to fly in a straight line.

It had been a while since the two were introduced to the other Rainbow Friends, but now, they were both finally able to try out their wings for the first time.

During their time in Red's lab, they had done many different exercises in order to test out their mobility as they developed, but there had never been quite enough room for the two of them to really test out their flying skills.

And today, Yellow was going to help the both of them figure it out.

Currently, the three of them were hovering a couple meters above the ground, just outside of OddWorld. Yellow had suggested that place because it was further away from any of the tall rides in OddWorld.

White watched as Black flew slowly towards Yellow, barely keeping herself straight. She kept moving to the left as she flapped, which seemed to be disrupting her balance.

White herself was struggling to keep steady with the slight gusts of wind that kept threatening to send her towards the ground. As a particularly strong one blew, she flapped a little too hard, sending herself tumbling forwards a little bit.

When she finally managed to right herself, she looked up and saw that Black had successfully flown over to Yellow, who was now supporting the other winged monster by firmly gripping her arm.

While Yellow did have a big propeller instead of wings, Yellow claimed that she could fly even without it, that it was just a tool to be more efficient when catching intruders.

White had doubted that at first, but Yellow had shown to be somewhat competent as the tips she was giving seemed to be working.

Yellow gestured for White to also fly over. White nodded and took a deep breath, glancing down nervously.

It wasn't that she was scared. It was just a little... daunting. Yes, that was it.

Just as White began to fly over, another strong gust of wind blew against her, and this time, it did send her spiraling towards the ground.

She flailed around in the air until she ungracefully landed in a large bush, sending a few birds flying away.

She stayed in the bush, groaning to herself, as Yellow landed next to her, followed by Black. White shifted around, trying to get her bearings, as Black reached out her clawed hand.

White took it gratefully and grunted as Black pulled her out of the bush, looking at her in concern.

"Are you okay?" Black asked.

White nodded, catching her breath. "Yeah...I'm fine." She said, looking over herself to make sure that she didn't get any scratches. Luckily, it seemed that the bush she had fallen into was a soft one, as she was unharmed.

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry." Yellow hurried over as well, "I shouldn't have left you by yourself so soon." She said quickly.

White shook her head, "No, it's not your fault." White said, trying to reassure the other Rainbow Friend.