I love you

The next day

after a thrilling match, the Indian cricket team was in high spirits, celebrating their victory in the dressing room. Laughter and banter filled the air as Shubman's teammates teased him relentlessly about the bet he had made with Ishan months ago.

Ishan: "So, Shubman, looks like you might just lose that bet after all. Head over heels, eh?"

Shubman rolled his eyes, trying to downplay the situation but unable to hide the grin tugging at his lips.

Shubman: "Oh, come on, Ishan. It was just a silly bet. You know how it is."

As the banter continued, Kainaat walked in, a bright smile on her face, ready to congratulate Shubman on his performance. But as she approached, she overheard the conversation, her smile fading as the reality of their words sank in. The mention of a bet, one involving her, felt like a punch to the gut.

Hardik: "Yeah, Shubman, you really thought you'd never fall for her, huh? Now look at you, all smitten."

Shubman tried to laugh it off, but the laughter died in his throat as he noticed Kainaat standing there, her eyes wide with hurt and disbelief. She had heard everything. The room fell silent as the teammates realized the awkwardness of the situation.

Kainaat: "A bet? Is that what this was to you, Shubman? Just a game?"

Shubman felt his heart sink as he saw the pain in her eyes. He took a step towards her, his voice pleading.

Shubman: "Kainaat, wait. It's not what you think. It started as a joke, but... it became real. I swear."

Kainaat shook her head, tears brimming in her eyes as she backed away.

Kainaat: "Real? How am I supposed to believe that? You made a bet on me, like I'm some object to be won. I thought... I thought you were different."

With that, she turned and hurried out of the dressing room, leaving Shubman standing there, his heart heavy with regret.. His teammates exchanged guilty glances, realizing the gravity of their teasing.

Ishan: "Man, Shubman, I'm sorry. We didn't mean for this to happen."

Shubman sighed, running a hand through his hair in frustration.

Shubman: "I know. I just... I need to fix this. Somehow."

As Shubman sat on the couch in the dressing room, he buried his face in his hands, the weight of the situation pressing down on him. The room was filled with a heavy silence, his teammates exchanging worried glances. Finally, unable to hold it in any longer, Shubman spoke, his voice muffled but clear.

Shubman: "I love her. I really do. I messed up, and now I've hurt her."

His confession hung in the air, and the gravity of his words resonated deeply with his teammates. They knew this was more than just a bet or a joke; it was about something real and significant in Shubman's life.

Rohit: "Shubman, love isn't always smooth. We all make mistakes. What's important is how you handle it from here."

Shreya: "Yeah, man. If you love her, fight for her. Show her that you're serious."

Virat: "Love requires honesty and vulnerability, Shubman. You've got to show her that this is real for you, that she's not just a bet."

Hardik pandya, always the one to bring a smile, attempted to lighten the mood a bit.

Hardik: "And hey, if all else fails, we can always scare that co-actor some more!"

The room erupted in light laughter, easing the tension just a little. Kuldeep Yadav and Mohammed Shami offered their quiet support, while Ravichandran Ashwin and Suryakumar Yadav added their own words of encouragement.