19: winter carnival

"You do not wanna be my enemy."

--☆--☆--☆--

"To evaluate the value of a function of X when X equals pi. You want to start by splitting the integral into two separate integrals."

Cassie was scribbling furiously. Her hand was cramping up and her brain was moving a mile a minute. She didn't understand how every teacher at Chilton talked at the speed of light and expected her to understand everything they said. She was desperately trying to absorb everything her math teacher was saying, and anything she didn't get she was writing down.

"Now since the left integral is a variable of a constant exponent, remember C is a constant, add one and divide by the new power," Her teacher droned on.

"Paris, what did he say?" Madeline whispered to Paris realizing she had gotten lost.

"Hm?"

"He's talking too fast, I missed it."

"Ask Louise or Cassie."

Madeline sighed before looking over at Louise and Cassie. The two girls were writing as fast as they could, trying to keep up. "What did he say?" Madeline asked them.

"Huh?" Cassie wanted to answer her question but she knew the second she looked away from the board she'd lose concentration.

"I don't know, ask Paris," Louise whispered back to Madeline.

"She told me to ask you."

This caused Louise to look up, a confused expression appearing on her face as she looked at Madeline, "Why would she do that?"

Madeline shrugged, "I don't know?"

"Did you have a fight?"

"Not that I know of."

"The right integral, however, is more complex. You have to use the U substitution with U equals 3 feet," Just as their teacher went to write yet another confusing concept on the board, the bell rang. A chorus of relieved sighs filled the rooms followed by pencils falling onto the desks. "We'll pick up at the same place tomorrow."

"Ow," Cassie winced as she shook out her hand.

Everyone began standing up, getting their supplies in order before they left. All but Paris Gellar. Rory noticed first, she looked down at Paris seeing the girl was still sitting doodling away.

"The bell rang."

"What?" Paris asked softly.

"The bell? That loud metal musical contraption that when hit loudly by a vibrating mallet signals the end of this particular educational experience," Rory reminded her.