chapter 61 - Mochi's announcement

When everyone finished eating Kakucho and Rindou helped Ino clear up the plates, before they all moved to the living room "good evening" Mochi said walking out of the elevator with a pastry box "where have you been?" Ran asked, Mochi looked at everyone nervously as they waited for his answer "just been around, and I bought some chocolate cake" he said, Sanzu quickly snatched the box "I want the first slice" he said running to the kitchen.

"I want some too" Rindou said running after him, "keep a slice for everyone" Kakucho yelled following after the two, "I'll go be heading to my room now" Mochi said walking out, Ino raised a brow at Mochi's strange behavior, "what's up with Mochi?" Takeomi questioned, "I'm not sure, I'll go check on him real quick" she said before standing up.

Ino entered the elevator and pressed the button to Mochi and Takeomi's floor, 'come to think about it I've never been on this floor' she thought, Ino walked up to Mochi's door and knocked gently, "who is it?" He asked, "it's me Ino, can we talk?" She asked, "oh sure, come in" he said opening the door.

Mochi's room was spacious and kind of simple, but it was still lavish and modern "what do you want to talk about?" He asked ushering Ino to his couch "I'm just here to ask if you're okay, you were acting kind of strange, especially when Ran asked where you've been" she explained, "don't worry I'm fine" he said calmly, "then where have you been?" She asked, "at my girlfriend's house" he answered, "well that's not bad at all, why didn't you just say so?" She questioned, "I haven't told them I have a girl yet remember" he said, Ino laughed lightly "right... Why not tell them now? Everyone is in a good mood and I'm sure no one is going to throw a fit about you being in a relationship, after all you're in an adult" she said.

Mochi looked at Ino awkwardly thinking of a way to air his thoughts "yeah... I hope you're not mad though" he said, Ino's brows furrowed "why would I be mad?" She asked, "it's just... We've told you how much we love you so many times, and I did, but now I kind of feel like I'm betraying your trust by going behind your back and stuff" he spouted "is that all? you're an amazing person Mochi, but honestly I started to see you in a more brotherly kind of love you know, and I want you to be happy with whoever you want, because seeing all of you happy makes me happy too, I'm the number one supporter of your relationship, I'll even plan your wedding" she smiled and Mochi chuckled at the mention of a wedding.

Ino stood up and Mochi walked her to the door "I should get going" she said "yeah I'll be done in a bit" Mochi nodded before pulling her into a hug, Ino was shocked but hugged back "thanks, and I'll still continue to protect you, leave it to your big bro" he said as they separated, "thanks big bro" Ino said "wait is this why you drove off in the afternoon?" She quickly asked "na I just didn't want to clean" he smiled before closing the door, Ino just laughed before walking away 'smart' she thought.

"So how is he?" Ran asked once Ino walked out of the elevator, "he's fine" she smiled proudly and sat next to Kokonoi, "here your cake" Sanzu said handing her a plate, "thanks" she smiled and collected it "let's watch a movie" Ran suggested, "movie night it is" Ino agreed, Mikey picked up the remote and passed it to Ino, after she picked a movie everyone got comfortable and started watching.

Thirty minutes into the movie Mochi came into the living room and settled next to Rindou who was too absorbed in the film to notice his presence, "that wasn't that bad" Kokonoi said as the movie ended, "it was frickin amazing" Rindou commented, "it was pretty good" Mochi agreed "when did you get here?" Ran questioned, "about an hour ago" he shrugged.

Mochi took a deep breath and stood up, "anyway I have something to tell you guys" he announced, everyone turned their attention to him "what is it?" Ino asked feigning ignorance, "it may come as a surprise but I-" "are you gay?" Sanzu interrupted, "what? No!" Mochi quickly denied as the room erupted in laughter, "Sanzu shut up and let him speak" Takeomi said as the laughter died down.