23. My eyes are being fed.

"Oh darling, while the world falls apart, I find my peace in watching you sleep"

Doubled updated, so make sure you checkd the chapter before this one.
.
.
.
.
.

Taehyung walked inside the Jeons' house, Jimin following closely behind. The house looked just as it did eight years ago unchanged.

"Where's your husband?" Taehyung asked Jimin, scanning the living room.

"He's busy with the company. A new group debuted recently, he wanted to be here with us, but being CEO sucks," Jimin replied, moving into the kitchen.

"And where's Uncle?" Taehyung inquired, standing by the kitchen. The atmosphere in the house seemed dull compared to before.

Jimin let out a heavy sigh. "He went to Mom's grave... to visit. He's feeling guilty for fighting with Mom even in her final moments."

"Do you want coffee or tea?" Jimin asked, starting the oven.

"Tea. I'll go upstairs," Taehyung announced, walking away.

Taehyung knocked softly on the familiar bedroom door, but when no one answered, he pushed it open gently, feeling a sense of belonging wash over him as he entered the room.

His eyes were immediately drawn to the open window, where the soft evening light bathed the room in a warm glow. Memories flooded his mind, bringing back the echoes of whispered promises and stolen glances.

"The sunset is beautiful, isn't it?"  The words lingered in his thoughts, a reminder of a moment shared between them, filled with unspoken emotions and hidden desires.

But as his gaze shifted, he found himself captivated by the sight of Jungkook sleeping peacefully on the bed, wrapped in a soft-colored blanket. Every line of his face seemed to be etched with a delicate beauty, his features softened by the gentle caress of sleep.

Jungkook was sleeping peacefully, resembling the dream Taehyung had carried for the past eight years, if not even more beautiful. As Taehyung moved closer to him, he felt the urge to brush away the strands of hair falling onto Jungkook's closed eyes and rosy cheeks. The soft, pretty lips—just as beautiful as they were before. Jungkook didn't look like a 36-year-old man, or perhaps it was Taehyung's eyes that still saw Jungkook as the most beautiful man he had ever laid eyes on. He couldn't quite tell.

 He couldn't quite tell