二十一

First Blade

イントロアーク知り合い

知り合い

~

はじめまして

~

↪Welp. I'm screwed.

I tried to keep the panic off of my face, but I was screaming and crying internally.

Akaza, I don't give a rats ass about Rui and Kyogai, I could easily kill them right now, BUT YOU SENT ME UPPER MOON SIX?!

I eyed them all wearily, and they seemed to be doing the same.

Rui and Kyogai were about ten feet apart, and not even looking at each other, but didn't even dare to glance in Gyutaro and Daki's direction. The said siblings were relaxed, but actively sensing me for threats. Gyutaro looked like he wanted to take a nap.

Alright. I can work with this. They're all key characters in future major events. It seems Kyogai hasn't been demoted yet, he's still apart of the Kizuki.

"I expect Akaza to have explained the situation to you all?" I finally spoke aloud.

"Douma-dono was actually the one to speak highly of you, more than Akaza-sama." Daki was the first to speak. "He sent us, not Akaza-sama."

"Ah. I assume that means Douma is aware of this as well." I hummed.

"And he foolishly supports it, just like Akaza-sama." Came Rui's response.

I slowly let my gaze trail to him, and he met my eyes with defiance. Daki didn't seem to care about his outburst much, but Gyutaro side-eyed him, and I saw a hint of irritance flash in his eyes.

"What do you have about this . . . foolish operation?" I asked with distain, already disliking the attitude he had with me.

"You're trying to go against that man?" Rui asked with a sardonic laugh. "Might as well kill yourself now."

"Your incompetence is showing." I said, earning a snort from Kyogai.

Rui glared daggers at him before turning back to me.

"You really think this is a game?" He asked.

"The only game we're playing here is with time." I said, releasing my hold on my sword hilts. "Which you are wasting. Muzan will only grow his army more, and we're already heavily outnumbered. I can see why you two might just be following a request from your superior."

I stared Rui and Kyogai down narrowly for a minute before looking over at Gyutaro and Daki.

"But you two had opportunity to refuse him. And as two people who thrive in a lifestyle as such, it makes me both curious and suspicious as to why you agreed." I said.

"Douma-dono said he trusted us." Daki said, Gyutaro giving a brief nod in support. "And he said he trusted you."

I couldn't keep the surprise from flashing across my face.

He trusts me? We haven't even spoke since that day . . .

"Akaza sent you two." I said, looking at Kyogai and Rui. "I wanna know why."

Kyogai spoke first.

"Hantengu-sama turned me and my sister into demons. Nakime and I both strived for careers that were deemed useless." Kyogai said. "I wanted to write. She wanted to play the art of song. But she didn't want to marry, and I supported that. I was ridiculed, and she was disowned. She was eventually forced to marry, and eventually was able to start playing her biwa. But the man she married ruined her life, and left her to rot."