CHAPTER 9

"My daughter, Princess Xyrelluan Fiona Cantov" his majesty says. There came a woman with a bright pinkish hair. She holds a smile on her lips, her blue eyes shining bright as the lights go on her ways. She walks with her chin high.

"It's great to meet all of you, I am Xyrelluan Fiona Cantov." she helds her big violet gown. I did not care about her or her words that she uttered. What I'm more invested is the other nobles reaction to her voice.

'That's the name of the maids daughter... Huh....'

I tried not to laugh but ended up giggling in my spot.her voice can make anyone have a funny and uncomfortable feeling at the same time. But all I can see and feel is embarrassment for her and disgust.

" It's to high pitched! "

" Is her voice strained?"

"Is that really a voice of a 21 years old lady? Her highness, pfftt---sounds like she did that on purpose to have attention from all the crowd to be like a cute little kid."

"Pfft---her voice!!"

Those are some of the reactions of the high nobles. But what caught my attention is, my sister and her husband laughing in some spot. I can't help but laugh at my sister's face she looks like a dog laughing.

"Why is her voice like that?" I whispered to His grace. "Why would you ask me? Of course I wouldn't know." he gave me an answer that made me roll my eyes at him. "Can you just give me a decent answer?" I said back.

"And your questioning me with a question that isn't even in my knowledge to answer." he snorted.

I ignored him and looked at the princess again. I caught the stare of the first princess. She was glaring at the princess who is smiling at the front of the golden stairs looking at us with a smile.

" He really wanted everyone to know he had a daughter with a lowly maid."

That statement made me look to where and who said that. I was surprised to see father. I went towards. "Father! It's nice to encounter you here." I greeted.

Of course, I gave him a proper greeting before saying those useless words out of my mouth.

"Hm.." he nods, Father was drinking a glass of wine on his hand. "I heard what you said." I stated. "You have ears I see.." he said back. "How's the search for your adopted sister going on?" he suddenly brought out that made me shocked.

"how did you know that!?" I said.

"You're not the only one who have ways, my daughter." he said with a cold tone. He puts down the glass, looked at me with a serious expression. "My child you have already found her, stop the search. But, you see... The treasure you are looking for is already found."

"Father you are confusing me" I stated. Touching my forehead with my palms. "Where is she right now then, Father?" I asked. "Right at your front. With those changed features you really won't recognize her. I adopted that child but, she became a selfish bitch."

He turned around to meet his majesty. "Don't worry she dumb and an easy target for you, even me." he turned around his head to look at me for the last time.