Villain!Reader x Donnie

You blinked hard.

Once. Twice. Three times just to be sure.

Your previously gritted teeth had completely unclenched as your mouth slightly hung open in shock.

It was almost hard to forget the giant metal ball hovering right behind you. There was nothing to give away that you'd stopped it mid flight on its way to crush him other than the fact that he knew of your powers. Maybe if it had been daylight and the sun was shining brightly in the sky, and maybe if he looked at it hard enough from the right angle he might've caught the clear shield like substance that you held up around you to protect the two of you.

Scratch that.

To protect him.

You'd been across the rooftop fighting one of his brothers. You'd completely left the fight and sprinted desperately to get to him on time. That much he did see. He'd been slung across the hard roof and was down for only a second when the ball of metal came tumbling- the aftermath of another one of your team members using their power to sling it in hopes of hitting someone out of the four ninjas.

Your breathing and heartbeat flooded your ears, a light ringing in the background. Why had you saved him? Why did you help the enemy? Maybe that's where things got scrambled. You knew he wasn't the enemy here. To the city? Absolutely not. They loved the city. Your enemy? Not really. Your groups enemy? Definitely.

Somewhere along the way of discovering your powers you'd ended up with them. Unfortunately rambunctious fun and testing limits slowly turned into morally grey to black and you were already with them, stuck between leaving or sticking around to see where this went. Sticking around landed you here, fighting New York City secret heros even though you didn't really want to.

Which leads to current time. Your eyes scanned his green, scaled face. You were sure your eyes were as wide as saucers with both disbelief and proximity. Did you say anything? Should you? His equally shocked expression told you that no, you shouldn't say anything. You were both equally shocked. You didn't want him to die and his group didn't want you dead, just behind bars or retired. They wanted peace. Saving him seemed to be the middle ground here.

You can be enemies that don't hate each other, right?

Your eyes moved scanned his golden ones which watched you above the glasses that had slid down his snout. There was true fear. Funny how a mutant could be scared of you. Or was it you? It could've just been the near death experience. The giant metal ball behind you rocked the rooftop under you as it touched the ground causing the both of you to jump. If you'd been more focused maybe you would've heard the background noise around the two of you but all you could focus on was him. Those fearful but thankful eyes. His notably soft looking lips twitched, probably about to say something but a sharp bark of his name rang over the roof and immediately, as fast as you had come to his rescue, you scattered.

"Are you okay?" Leo's worried voice flooded his ears and he couldn't help but watch the leader's blue eyes glare at you as you ran off.

"I'm okay, yeah." He breathed the words out, mentally checking himself over. A green hand pushed his glasses back up. Yes, he was okay. He wouldn't be if it wasn't for you, but he was okay. "Did you see that?" He needed to question if what happened really happened. Did he hit his head or did the enemy really help him?

Leo slowly nodded, his eyes not leaving you as you stepped onto the ledge of the rooftop and spared a shy, hesitant glance in their direction before completely leaving the fight all together. Raph and Mikey were still holding off members of your group. Leo didn't say anything about you but looked towards the other brothers. "Let's finish the others off, okay?"

Donnie nodded. Though he had to jump right back into the fight, he couldn't stop thinking of you, wondering when he'd see you next, and if there was a chance...even in the slightest, that you weren't as villainess as they thought.