8

"Sidharth?"

Ugh! This woman has no patience. She won't even let me groom myself in peace. I need to look good, damnit. Shehnaaz and her mom will be there, so I need to impress her. Can't she understand this small thing?

"SIDHARTH?"

"What?"

"Hurry up! We need to leave."

"I know. I'm almost done, Mom." I quickly set my hair and sprayed some cologne. "Done."

"Sid?"

Now what does he want?

"Yes, Dad?"

"Help me load the luggage in the car."

"Coming right away." I grabbed my leather jacket from the bed and put it on. I knew I'd regret wearing it later. It's May- super hot weather, especially in Jaipur.

"What happened, Mom?" I asked, noticing her struggling with her saree. "Why do you wear that if you can't manage it?"

She pouted. I found it cute. "I have to. Your grandmother will be there too."

"So?" I asked, grabbing both my luggage bags and pulling them outside where Dad was busy loading their luggage.

"She lives in a village. She's orthodox," she explained.

"Oh!" I didn't know what to say. I put my bags in the car's trunk, earning a death glare from Dad. "What?"

God knows what I've done wrong now.

"You packed two big luggage bags for a four-day trip?" he asked sarcastically.

"I have all my necessary stuff in them," I pouted to melt him. It didn't work. It never worked.

"I can't deal with you anymore," he said, shaking his head and getting into the backseat.

"Don't say a word to my son," Mom yelled at him. She gave me a sweet smile, pulled my cheeks lovingly, and then kissed my forehead.

I smiled, kissed her cheeks, and we both got in the car. Mom sat beside Dad in the backseat, and I took the passenger seat beside our new driver. The car picked up speed and headed toward the airport.

"He's getting out of hand, only because of you and your over-pampering, Kanika," Dad commented, as always.

I couldn't help rolling my eyes. It's an everyday thing.