Chapter One - "Something's Wrong Here..."

Start from the beginning

Well, it looked like her, but her clothes were tattered and ripped in several places.

As Tenten stepped forward to investigate, it felt like someone had struck her behind. Tenten fell forward, just inches away from what she thought was herself.

Her vision faded shortly after.

~

At first, her vision was muddled.

She could even see a tree correctly.

However, once her vision came to, she realized that her twin, or whatever the girl was, was gone. Tenten gripped her forehead and groaned, feeling a headache slowly form.

'What was that,' she thought, carefully getting up, 'I could've sworn I saw a battered version of myself just moments ago...'

She shook her head and turned back to walk back to the training grounds. When she got there, she saw weapons all over the place, to her surprise.

'Well that's... Unexpected,' she thought, opening up a scroll to place the weapons in.

Once she set them in their places, she pressed her hands together and sealed them up inside the scroll. Wiping her head, she smiled at her work and rolled the scroll up.

Someone cleared their throat behind her, and she turned suddenly to see Neji, seemingly happy about something.

Tenten raised her eyebrow back at him, returning the smile, which caught him off guard.

In fact, that wasn't the only thing that caught him off guard.

Tenten was... Clean. Unscathed. Tired, but unscathed. She looked fitter in certain areas, and her clothes were much longer on her. It took him a few times to realize that it was his teammate, as weird as it was.

She giggled as his slightly surprised reaction and waved. "Hey," she said, "You alright? You look like you just saw a ghost."

~

Tenten whimpered and held her head, sitting up and blinking a few times.

She tried to recall what happened, but she couldn't remember anything for her life.

Very carefully, Tenten stood up and stumbled before standing up straight. Nothing looked different; at least, she didn't notice anything different. Either way, she felt weird and being alone freaked her out.

Turning back towards the training grounds, Tenten contemplated on how she'd defend herself from Neji's sarcastic comments, if he was even there still. He usually was which ticked her off, because he knew that she would always come back.

As she got closer, however, she had a weird feeling; one that she didn't get at the random.

Tenten shivered and rushed back to the training grounds, only to find no one there. She was surprised, not only because he wasn't there, but because all the weapons that were resting all over the training grounds were no longer there.

Feeling a little panicky, Tenten rushed from the training grounds and back into the village.

On her way there, she saw Neji sitting near a tree, seemingly unsettled about something.

'Hah! Like I care,' she thought, stomping towards him.

However, as she got closer, and he turned his head, she was taken aback by his shocked response.
"Great Kami, Tenten," he said, standing up and looking down at her in disbelief, "what happened to you?"