Hero's Duty

In game central station, an announcer comes onto the screen as she is seen to be a famous idol like character from Dance, Dance, Revolution. 

"Attention! The arcade will open in five minutes. Please report to your games." The announcer smiles.

A clumsy armored RALPH steps out of the Tapper's entrance, 'I can't feel my legs. What is all this stuff?' The helmet's visor is cluttered with stats and meters as the surge protector gives him a sideways glare, 'Smells like Ralph in here. Okay, what was it called? Hero-Hero something. Hero's -- Duty! Hero's Duty. Oh, there it is.'

He sees soldiers in the same uniform going into the Hero's Duty outlet. He follows. He trips over Q*Bert.

"@#!" Q*Bert exclaimed.

"Sorry, Q*bert." Ralph lifts his visor, "It's me, Ralph. Shh!" Ralph runs to the entrance of Hero's Duty, bangs into an archway, "The wall." He continues on.

Q*Bert's eyes widened, "@!?#?" He tried to call Ralph back.

***

In Litwak's Family fun center, that morning.  The sun is up over Litwak's. Litwak lights up the open sign.

"Morning, kids. Come on in. Good to see you. Good to see you. You, too, little fella." Litwak nodded to all the little kids that passed him.

***

In Hero's duty, A high-speed shuttle sweeps up to a stop. The doors open. A smiling Ralph and a few other soldiers run out as the music starts. Ralph looks around in awe.

"Quarter alert! Quarter alert! This is not a drill." An announcer states, recognizing that a kid had placed a quarter into the game slot.

"Ooh! Sweet golden medal!" Ralph follows the other soldiers.

A quarter goes into the machine. A moppet girl picks up the gun in front of the Hero's Duty console.

"On a planet with no name, a top-secret experiment has gone horribly wrong. You are humanity's last hope." The announcer of the game states.

***

In hero's duty, dark hull, once again, day time.  It's chock full of soldiers. Ralph drops his gun and bumps into soldiers while trying to retrieve it.

"Rooting-tooting, ready for shooting!" Ralph chuckles.

Just then, Sergeant Tamora Jean Calhoun steps up before her men, "All right. Now listen up, because I'm only going to say this once. Fear is a four-letter word, ladies. If you want to go pee-pee in your big-boy slacks, keep it to yourself. It's make your mamas proud time!" Calhoun exclaimed.

"I love my mama!" Ralph yelled out but quickly shut his trap.