Break A Leg

Cam sighed as he sat down at the dining room table, watching his mom wind up a Jack-in-a-Box for Tommy. Jack goes pop, and Tommy starts smiling before pushing it back in the box again.

“Amazing! You’ve seen this 800 times, and it’s still a surprise.” DJ smiled, making Cam laugh.

“Top of the morning, people.” Max greeted as he came downstairs. “As you can tell by my ensem, I’m having a pool party today.” He said before turning wistful, “With my lady, Rose. I should do some push-ups like Cam to stay swole.”

“Is swole a word?” Cam asked DJ, and she shook her head ‘no’ as they watched him do two ‘push-ups’ before jumping back up again.

“Oh yeah. Locked and Loaded.” Max claimed, kissing the biceps on both his arms.

“Little Romeo, can Tommy come?” DJ asked.

“Sure. As long as he doesn’t cramp my style. You hear me, Tommy?” Max agreed before Tommy leant over to Max and blew a raspberry.

“He’s a baby. He either cramps it or makes it.” Cam pointed out.

“Mom, have you had him evaluated yet?” Max asked DJ after giving a sassy look to his younger brother.

“Tommy’s fine.” DJ claimed, moving Tommy off the highchair.

“All right. If you’re not worried, I’m not worried.” Max said as him and Tommy walked into the living room.

“Mom, I’d love to go to summer school today, but unfortunately, I got a bad case of head lice.” Jackson claimed as him and Ramona entered the kitchen.

“Really? Let me take a look. “DJ said, moving towards her son.

“Ah.” Jackson said, moving away, “You don’t want to come too close. It’s gross.”

DJ ruffled his hair, and multiple things started falling out of it. DJ cupped her hand to catch some of it and take a closer look, “Nice try, Jackson. This is rice.”

“What? I’m infested with lice and rice?” Jackson tried to play it off.

“Get going.” DJ told him, handing over his lunch bag.

“I told you to go with the couscous.” Ramona said.

“I would have gone with tiny rolls of paper, like when you erased something too hard, and the paper started peeling off.” Cam suggested.

“Nobody talk to me.” Kimmy said as she walked into the kitchen. “I’m very upset, and I’m not in the mood to talk about it.”

“What are you upset about?” DJ questioned her best friend.

“Wow. You’re not gonna let this go, are you?” Kimmy asked after a while of just looking at her. “Okay, Steve wants a Japanese wedding planner for his Japanese wedding in Japan.”

“The disrespect!” Cam cried out sarcastically.

“Oh, he has lost his mind.” DJ agreed with her son.

“He sure has! I’m a wedding planner, and I was never even considered.” Kimmy said. “Because I don’t speak Japanese and I’ve never been to Japan, and the only thing I really know about them is they have a huge Godzilla problem.”

“Here we go.” Ramona sighed.

“Oh, yes. Here we do go. I’m gonna get Steve to change his mind, and you’re gonna help me.” Kimmy told her daughter, walking around the kitchen counters to stand in front of her.

“Mom, no.” Ramona immediately disagreed.

“It’ll be a great mother-daughter bonding experience.” Kimmy claimed.