8. Dinner.

I started with a quick shower, cleaning the sweat off my body. I wrapped my hair in my towel before heading to my room and grabbing two of the dresses I brought incase I'd have to attend something fancy.

I looked at myself in the body mirror at the side of my bed a few times and decided to wear a tight black bodycon dress with a dark red rose pattern and a comfortable texture.

I found some jewelry to match, silver rings and earrings and a ruby gemstone necklace.

Brushing out my partially dry hair, I blow dried it and brushed it again to feel like silk. I put the upper half of my hair in a rubber band, braiding it and curling the rest of my hair that was left down.

Then, I put some natural-looking makeup on and found black heels before grabbing the black handbag from earlier this morning.

It was 10:49 P.M. by the time I finished getting ready, so I sat with my cats while waiting for a text from Monty.

Instead of a text, I got a knock at my door. Opening it, I saw exactly what I expected. Montgomery in a full black tuxedo with his hair slicked back.

I almost laughed at the formal look, holding it back with an awkward smile. "..What? Do I look weird?" He asked.

"No no, just didn't think you'd go this formal." I laughed, opening my arms to ask for a hug.

He embraced me and I smelt his overly-applied cologne. It didn't compliment my perfume, but whatever.

When I let go, he offered the bouquet of roses and assorted greens and whites that complimented the red flowers. "I didn't know your favorite flower so I went basic.. but at least it matches your dress?"

My smile was bright in the dim hotel hallway lights. "Awwe, you didn't have to." Holding the hand-wrapped bouquet, I smelt the sweet flowers that I had memorized the scent of.

"But I wanted to, and so I did. Shall we get going?" He asked and I hummed, taking a step back into my hotel room.

"One sec, I gotta take care of these." I walked towards the sink and found a tall waterbottle that I filled with lukewarm water. I unwrapped the bouquet and took a few of the leaves out before putting the flowers in the temporary flower vase. "That'll do for now."

I headed out of the room first and Monty shut off the lights and closed the door as it locked on its own. We headed to the elevator and the ride was quiet, but I could feel his eyes all over me.

I fiddled with the leather on my handbag, feeling the seams. We flew down twenty stories before reaching the lobby.

Right outside of the main doors was a limousine with a driver standing next to the back door.

Monty smiled as the driver opened the door for me. I leaned into the low doorway, scooting down the row. "You rented a limousine for this?" I asked in a hushed voice when the door closed.

He nodded, sitting across from me and picking up some sweets in the selection to the side. "It's a special occasion. You won the Piston Cup, after all."

"Is it weird that it doesn't feel that special at all..?" I asked in a hushed voice as the limo began moving.

The casino was about a twenty minute drive on non-busy roads from my hotel, so we would have enough time to chat.

"Eh, a little bit. I was ecstatic when I got my first Piston Cup. But now it's just another one to the collection." He hummed, leaning back in his seat and manspreading. "Why do you think you feel that way?"

"I dunno.. I didn't expect to win, I guess. Maybe I was just too excited to sneak around and mess with racers? You got the majority of my mischief." I replied, a slight laugh escaping my lips.