Chapter 36

Don't worry, angels. You'll see more of Kezalli and Tobias's getting to know each other before . . . well. Haha!

Chapter 36: Sleigh

"Are you telling me that I never had an experience to look around your kingdom?" I asked.

Hindi ko mapigil ang sarili ko na luminga-linga sa paligid dahil sa paghanga. I'd been exposed to social media in the human world. I'd seen different beautiful pictures of places around the world, but never in my imagination that I'd know a place better than those in the picture. Lalo na't ngayon na nakikita na ng mismong aking mga mata.

"I'm sorry."

Tobias and I were no longer holding each other's hands. Hinayaan niya na lang akong masayang maglakad sa gusto kong lapitan habang nakasunod lang siya sa akin. He had that usual fine movement of what they called as a king. Akala ko noong una ay ganoon lang siya kumilos dahil nag-aalangan siyang lumapit sa akin ngunit habang nagtatagal ay higit kong naiintindihan na ganoon talaga siya gumalaw. He always had his hands behind his back, his posture was perfect, and even the way he took his every step. Napakapino ni Tobias kumilos na buong akala ko ay sa mga telebisyon ko lang makikita.

As we left the mask shop, I couldn't help but become increasingly fascinated with the rows of establishments—or shops—as we continued to walk. The shops were of similar sizes, and their windows featured two distinct designs. One was the clear mirror window, a casement type that offered a clear glimpse of the shop's interior. The other was a divided or cut-up window, which views the shop from the outside into smaller panes, adding curiosity to the passersby. The shops might have been painted in different colors, but the schemes were harmonious, creating an overall pleasing visual in the street.

As we walked further I could smell the fresh scent of the brewed coffee from a coffee shop, there were gentlemen reading books, and fancy-looking women with their gloves and fans. We passed by a pastries shop, a flower shop, a vase shop, a bookstore, a dress shop, an antique shop, jewelry, swords, and other expensive-looking shops that I never even thought of getting inside when I was in the human world.

The road was cobblestoned, some of the other creatures were also wearing masks, and others were in pairs like us, women with parasols and servants behind them, kids were running around, and shop owners brightly inviting us.

"Isn't this a little bit modern?" I asked.

"In terms of tourist destinations, Deltora is the pride of Parsua. It's just that we are not rich in natural resources, we can also cater the modernization and improvement, unlike the other kingdoms. Are you familiar with trains?"

I blinked. "May train kayo?"

"Rosh is in the process of developing a train in this kingdom after his mission in Fevia Attero."

"Oh . . . Fevia Attero?"

"It's also a world like Nemetio Spiran."

Muli akong lumingon sa paligid. "Pero sa lugar na ito lang, hindi ba? Kanina sa ibaba ay parang hindi naman ganito."

Tobias nodded. "This ground is just the modernized. The highest ground is still our traditional castle, and I am not planning to change it. The weaponry and our knights' ground should be the same. Rosh and I decided to take it slow on this ground."

Ako naman ang tumango sa kanya. "How about the last ground of this waterfall?"

He smiled a little. "The garden will remain the same. I brought you to this place because this is the only place that is close to the human world. Once we leave this ground, or this waterfall, you'll see the daily lives of the creatures in this world."