Chapter 46: Aftermath Meetings

As I awoke, my surroundings slowly came into focus. The plaza remained strewn with the bodies of fallen monsters, momentarily casting doubt on the success of our efforts. But then...

"Congratulations, Lady Shizu," Shuna-san's voice cut through the uncertainty, offering reassurance in the aftermath of battle.

Ellen, Kaval, and Gildo hurried towards me, their tear-stained faces reflecting their worriedness.

"Shizu-saaaan!" Ellen's cry carried the weight of relief and gratitude that we had prevailed.

"Now, now..." I murmured softly, attempting to bring a sense of calm amidst the chaos.

Glancing towards Kaval and Gildo, I saw them tending to the fallen, a silent testament to the Revival Spell's success. Despite their injuries, the monsters appeared at peace, merely sleeping amidst the wreckage.

"Well done, Raphael-san," I whispered, silently acknowledging the unseen force that had guided us through.

[...]

Our victory was confirmed as Shion stirred from her slumber, her laughter filling the air with joy. Benimaru, Souei, and the shadow squad followed suit, their smiles a welcome sight amidst the aftermath.

"Kufufufufufu..."

"You did it...!!" a little girl greeted me with wide eyes and a hopeful smile.

"Eh... who are you?" I asked, puzzled by her sudden appearance.

As my words left my lips, her expression shifted, her smile faltering and her eyes clouding with sadness. It was as if my question had pierced her heart, leaving her feeling lost and alone.Amidst the celebrations, Rimuru-san, Veldora-san, and Ramiris-san arrived via spatial transport, marking the culmination of our triumph. Veldora, in particular, radiated triumph as he raised his hands and proclaimed, "1,200,000 humans have been vanquished under my might. Kuaahahahahaha!"

Though Veldora's declaration seemed somewhat misplaced in the face of such destruction, I couldn't deny the significance of our victory. Despite the sorrow and loss that lingered, we had emerged triumphant, finding solace amidst the chaos.

⟡⟡⟡

After the battle had ended the executives and I had a meeting to discern what should be done to the aftermaths of the battle.

"But first you do look different from the first day I have met you." I averted my attention to the Colorless Devil Ives rather...

"Fufufu... please call me Tomia-- Tomia is now Tomia not Ives." Tomia declared proud of her new profound name given by Shizu-san.

Tomia underwent a remarkable transformation, her once single black eye now resembling the normal, two-eyed gaze of a human. Her appearance had shifted, now resembling that of a wizard, complete with oversized robes and a hat that seemed comically mismatched with her petite frame. Despite the oddity of her new look, she radiated pride and confidence, basking in the glory of her newfound name.

She stands there beside Shizu-san with a proud smirk on her face while only reaching above Shizu-san's waistline.

Meanwhile, Ciel diligently calculated the immense amount of magicule required for Shizu-san to bestow Tomia with her new name. The revelation was staggering; nearly 60% of a True Hero's magicule was needed for this name. It was a risky endeavor, especially considering the circumstances during the Revival Spell. However, with the aid of the Fire Spirit's magicule imbued within Shizu-san, the ritual was executed flawlessly and in Tomia's triumphant naming.