40

•Muskata yeh chehra, deta hai jo pehra
Janne chupta kya Dil ka samandar•

Atharva's POV:
After a month,
Time- 11:45 pm

I was searching for my favorite shirt in the wardrobe. Inayat was right when she told me to keep my things in their place, but...

My gaze fell on papers laying between Inayat's Clothes, I don't know why but I moved my hand and grabbed those papers.

I was about to read it but suddenly Inayat came and snatched away it from me, I looked at her and asked "what is this Moonlight?", "Nothing, i request you to not touch this" she breath out.

I nodded "I'm so sorry I'll not touch anything" she raised her head and hummed.

I felt something change about her behaviour but I ignored it and grabbed her hand "Are you okay?" I asked.

She hummed and walked away without looking at me, she grabbed her phone from night stand, i just stared at her.

She looked at me again "I'm going somewhere I'll be back after a hour it's important" she said "but-" she cuts me "Bye Atharva, I'll be back promise" she said as she started wearing her shoes.

She looked at me for last time before leaving the room, I felt strange, something strange about the situation.

I sat on bed and stared at celling, i remember the day I saw Inayat, i remember those days when I used to adore her from far, that day when I realised my love for her.

A smile instantly appear on my face.

After two hours~

I didn't feel like sleeping without Inayat, I tried to call her but she didn't pick and now I'm overthinking the situation.

I looked at door as Inayat entered, I felt complete as I saw her, she is my heartbeat, i breath out as I saw her "you're late Moonlight" i almost whispered as I walked towards her.

She stared at me in neutral expression "I know" she said and went to change her dress, I again sat on bed and wait for her.

She came out after few minutes and glance at me "sleep Atharva, I've a work to do right now" she said and sat on couch with her laptop.

"Moonlight if it's not important can you please do it tommorow, I want to spend sometime with you" i said, she averted her gaze from her laptop to me.

She nodded and placed her laptop on table and laid beside me, i smiled at her and lay down too "Something is bothering you am I right" i said.

"You'll find it out soon" she answered after few minutes, I nooded and embrace her in my arms and drift into deep slumber.

Next morning~

Sunrays peep through window making me open my eyes, i blinked my eyes serval times, I didn't find Inayat beside me, i Turned other side as I heard bathroom door's click sound.

Inayat came outside and glance at me "Morning Atharva" she greeted and I greet her back and asked "you wake up early today but why?" She chuckled "can't I wake up before you?" I smiled "you can Moonlight" she didn't looked at me just slightly smiled.

I came back to my room after a shower and saw inayat getting ready in black casual outfit "where are you going?" I asked as I cleaned my wet hairs with towel.

"I've a work to do in my office so yeah, I'll be back in evening see you later" she said and grabbed her phone without looking at me.

Unease settled in my heart "don't go please" she looked at me with neutral expression "I have to go, goodbye and take care" she smiled and left.

Goodbye?
Wtf-

I inhale a deep breath and start getting ready for my office too, I walked downstairs after a hour as I was ready, Farhaan already left with Raj for his school.

"Maa where is my breakfast-" I stop in mid as I saw everyone standing infront of TV "Maa?" I said, Everyone looked at me with nervousness "what happen everyone?" I raised my brows.

"Bh- bhai read this news" arya stumbled, I stared at her and walked toward TV and news flash on it with inayat's car.

'Mrs. Inayat Singh Singhaina wife of Mr. Atharva Singh Singhaina and founder of ASA company died in a car accident, no one know how she died but some people found her dead body in car, is this actually a accident or a planned murder of Mr. Singhaina's wife?'

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

It's edited chapter but I can't say anything if there is some mistakes.

Kindly tell me in comment section, I'll love t correct it~

@arcanexoxo on instagram