Part 2

It had been two weeks since the engagement announcement, meaning it was two weeks since Stevie had made a vow to herself to be done with him once and for all.

She had planned on telling him the truth that night. She had only found out a few hours before, the circumstances were far from ideal but with the addition of his engagement she knew everything was definitely doomed.

Only her mother knew what was going on right now, they hadn't been on the best of terms but she knew that she could trust her unconditionally and this was something she needed to remain secret.

The appointment was booked for 10am the next day. She had wanted this more than anything for years, but she knew she couldn't do it alone. When they were younger they had talked about their future together, she had always been reluctant to the idea of starting a family but imaging him marrying another woman and potentially having a family with her made Stevie feel sick to her stomach. He had made his choice and there was no room for Stevie or this baby. She cried herself to sleep, silently praying that things could be different.

Barbara stood in Stevie's kitchen, it seemed absurd to her that this was only the third time she had been inside her daughter's house. They were so close when Stevie was growing up but they had grown apart in recent years. Barbara couldn't stand to see Stevie destroy her self with alcohol and coke and Stevie had refused to give it up.

She heard her daughter's muffled cries from upstairs and knew she had to call Lindsey, Stevie was far too stubborn to admit it but she needed him right now. She knew that all Stevie really wanted was Lindsey back and to raise this baby together, she had flat out refused to do it alone, not believing that she was capable. Barbara knew otherwise and decided that she would take matters into her own hands as she picked up the phone and dialled Lindsey's number.

"Hello?"

"Lindsey, is that you?"

"Yeah it's me, Barbara?" It had been a long time since she had called him and he instantly knew something must be going on.

"Good, I was unsure if I had the right number for you"

"Is everything okay?" He got straight to the point.

"You know my daughter better than anyone, so you know how stubborn she can be but I know that she needs you right now"

"What is going on?" He was so confused, she had been ignoring him for the last two weeks, barely even looking his way. He had known something was wrong, she'd been sober for one thing, but she seemed so distant as if she was there in body but her mind was far away.

"It's not really my place to say and Teedee would be so angry if she knew I was even speaking to you right now. The two of you need to talk" he could sense the urgency in her voice.

"I can come over tomorrow?"

"That will be too late, can you come now?"

"I... Umm, yeah sure. I'll be there in 15"

"Thank you Lindsey"

He hung up and ran his hands through his hair sighing. What was going on with her? And what exactly did it have to do with him? He grabbed his keys and headed out the door desperate to know what was going on with the woman he was still so in love with, not even stopping to say goodbye to the woman sleeping upstairs.