Chapter 7

Tuluyang nang nanghina ang mga tuhod ko. Ilang segundo ay pakiramdam ko, matutumba na ako. Mabuti na lang at may biglang umakbay sa akin. Inalalayan niya akong makatayo at lumakad.

"Hey." Came by Clyden's breaking voice as my eyes met his red teary eyes. Sinuot niya ang shades na nakasabit sa polo shirt niyang kulay black.

I took a deep breath. I calm myself as I smile weakly at him. To lighten up our dull mood, I tried to mumble a joke, which is what I am good at whenever Agatha is sad. "Mukha kang member ng KPop Boyband." I chuckle and he joined me.

True to my words, mukha talaga siyang KPop Superstar. Iyong tipong lume-level sa kagwapuhan ng mga miyembro ng ENHYPEN AT STRAY KIDS.

"Kaya nga crush mo ako, eh." He muffled a laugh, but the sadness is still evident on his voice. "Kunwari ka pa Aze"

I just roll my eyes playfully, then swat him on his chest. Ang hangin talaga nito. Ipinulupot ko na lang ang mga braso ko sa baywang niya. I lay my head on his broad chest as we continue to walk.

Half an hour later we arrived at the cemetery. My best friend's coffin was placed on the side of the rectangular pit. Her coffin was full of tulips, her favorite flower.

Clyden and I sat on one of the monoblocks that are sitting above the bermuda grass. And just like that, isa-isa nang nagsalita ang mga mahal sa buhay ni Kamilah.

First up were her cousins, they reminded us what kind of cousin Kamilah was. They also brought back one of their happy memories with my best friend.

Noong ako na ang mag-sasalita, parang gusto ko na lang umurong. Ayaw kasing tumigil sa pagtulo ang lintik na mga luha ko! Sabayan pa nitong mahihina kong paghikbi. Nahihirapan akong magsalita!

I hold the microphone and cough for a moment. "Pagpapasensyahan niyo na po kung hindi niyo ako maiintindihan, ayaw kasing tumigil ng mga luha ko, eh." I continued sobbing and they all chuckle as if I am a stand-up comedian.

Muli akong umubo. I cleared my throat. Nanginginig akong huminga nang malalim "Kamilah," the corners of my lips turned down, "that was the name that will forever etch on my mind as a journey worth reminiscing for."

Bumuga ako ng hangin. "I want to take a moment to remember and honor the beautiful soul that you were. You brought so much joy, laughter, and love into my life, and I am forever grateful for the memories we shared together. Your presence was a gift, and the impact you had on those around you will never be forgotten." saad ko "Although you are no longer physically with us, your spirit lives on in the hearts of all who knew you. Your kindness, compassion, and strength continue to inspire me every day. I find solace in knowing that you are at peace, free from pain and suffering. I miss you deeply, Kamilah. The void left by your absence is immense, and life will never be the same without you. But I find comfort in the belief that our souls are connected, and that you are watching over us from above.

Huminga ako nang malalim, ang ngiti sa aking mga labi ay hindi pa rin naaalis. "Kapag naging kaibigan mo 'yan si Kamilah, she will make sure that you will get all the best in life. She will bring the best in you. She will make you get away from the tight grasps of sadness as soon as possible."

"We've been bestfriends for almost 3 years now. Sa ilang buwan na iyon, wala kaming ginawa kundi ang magtawanan lang. Loka loka din kasi itong babaeng 'to." Nagtawanan silang lahat, "Swear, sa sobrang lakas ng trip niyan, sasakit na lang talaga ang tiyan mo sa kakatawa."

"lyon po ang dahilan kung bakit ang sakit niyang bitawan. Kung bakit ang hapding tanggapin na wala na talaga siya." Nagsimula na uli akong humikbi, pinunasan ko ang aking luha kahit na alam ko namang hindi iyon titigil. "Kung bakit ang hirap pong bumangon," I sob, "at harapin ang bukas na wala na siya."

I continued sobbing as I face her coffin, "Pero Kamilah, I will be strong for you. I will show you that your bestfriend will be more, kasi iyon naman ang pangako natin sa isa't isa, 'di ba? We will be more." I put my hand above the glass of her coffin, infront of her face. I painfully smile, "See you again, Kamilah. I will always miss you."

Clyden came to me and wiped my tears with his handkerchief. I hugged him as I continued sobbing like a kid. He helped me walk to our seat.

Matapos ko ay ang mga magulang naman ni Kamilah ang nagsalita. Pinasalamatan nila kaming lahat. Lahat ng family relatives, friends, classmates, schoolmates at fans ni Kamilah.

Before I even knew it, it was time for me to bid my final goodbye to my best friend. Bitter sobs filled the whole place as Kamilah's coffin began to descend into her grave.

As it went down, so did our cries. It was accompanied by a cold breeze that seemed to mourn us.

As I continue to watch Kamilah's coffin to go down until the bottom, I am smiling while tears are falling down to my cheeks. I mumbled my firm promises to her through my mind.

Pangako ko sa kanya na gagawin ko ang lahat para mabigyang kalinawan ang misteryoso niyang pagkamatay.

I will find the culprit who's responsible for her death.

I will make them pay!

The next day, I was lazily staring at the ceiling of my room. I just woke up. I gasped for air. In the middle of my sigh, my phone suddenly vibrated. I immediately took it and answered the call.

"Hello..." Walang gana kong sabi sa kanya.

"Are you free today?" Si Clyden pala, ano kayang kailangan nito?

Completely curious, I answer him. "Hmm." I narrow my eyes. "Yes, why?"

"I abas tayo? My treat."

Oh, is it a date? I grin but I quickly shake my head as I try to elude that idea to my mind "Sure." I cough because of my weird thoughts. "What time?"

"Now, I'm here in front of your gate."

"Ahh..." Nagpatango tango ako habang pinaglalaruan ang daliri ko. Ilang segundo makalipas, biglang nanlaki ang mga mata ko.

Ha?! Sa tapat ng gate? Seryoso?

I cleared my throat, trying to calm myself down because I'll be fucked up if my parents saw him. "Kagigising ko lang, hoy!"

Ginulo ko ang aking buhok dahil sa inis. "Bakit pabigla bigla ka?!"

Langya riamang lalaking 'to, gusto pa akong ipahamak!

"Papasok na ako sa bahay niyo, pinapapasok ako ng Mom mo."

And that was the moment I knew, I am dead.

Cause of dealth ko ata si Clyden, malilintikan to sakin mamaya. Makakatikim to mamaya sakin... ng kiss.

Eme.

Mabilis na akong kumilos. Agad akong pumasok ng banyo. Bahala na kung anong ligo ang gawin ko, kailangan kong matapos agad kasi never pang na-meet ng parents ko si Clyden. Baka akalain nilang boyfriend ko siya. Mahigpit na bilin pa naman nila sa akin na bawal pa akong magka- boyfriend.