- |⁠☆| ONESHOT: Leonardo Hamato with an overachiever reader !!

- |✷| REQUEST? : YES (On TUMBLR)

- |✷| ROMANTIC OR PLATONIC: romantic

- |✷| TROPES: canon x reader, angst.

- |✷| TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of burnout, mentions of (reader) pulling all nighters

- |✷| CONTENT WARNING: long oneshot ahead, a bit of a slow burn, Leo may be OCC, Reader X Canon, Can also be interpreted as OC x Canon, Burnt-out Reader,

Another message notification pops up onto their phone, which is followed by the short, familiar, high pitched ringing that reminds them that someone just texted them

Another message notification pops up onto their phone, which is followed by the short, familiar, high pitched ringing that reminds them that someone just texted them. It's the seventh time today, well, the seventh time in half an hour to be exact, almost as if the messenger is eager for them to reply, however, their attention remains on the note book that's placed on their desk. (Reader's) gaze is locked on the page, the half of the sheet is filled and scribbled with multiple assignments and notes that they finished, looking at the freshly written letters and numbers on the worn piece of paper with a proud, yet tired look on their face. Their hand lets loose off of the pen, setting it aside for a moment to take a small breather before they move on to the next piece of homework that they have. Although the assignments felt never ending, that didn't stop (Reader) from getting them done and even if they didn't have anything to do in terms of homework, they would make up an assignment of their own, all for the sake of learning and learning, in order to achieve more in life.

Sometimes, they would set aside stuff like hang outs, friends, and most importantly their own health- as well rest and taking breaks, even if they are short ones. The most of a hangout they would do is if they study, or go to a competition with someone, in order for their friends to see them thrive at their victory. And the most of a break that they would allow themselves to take was to just take a deep breath, to mentally prepare themselves for the next thing. And at the moment, it felt like the time to catch that break.

With their chest slowly rising upwards, their breathing is soon tagged along with a yawn that's about to spill from their mouth, a yawn which they try to repress by locking their lips shut- before sliding their hand up to their face in order to keep it from coming out. They feel the muscles in their sore collarbones stretch as their shoulders rise, their head sliding upwards a bit, their gaze shifting from the notebook to the ceiling in a matter of seconds. That proud little smile that played on their lips just a moment ago vanishes off of their face.