Chapter 5- Annigan

He pisses me off.

Let alone the fact that he was not a sol dweller, I would have killed him just from the fleet touch of his fake, flirty attitude. I stood next to Vesper, still in a package of confusion and anger. Constellation tribes? Yeah right, call me the moon. Vesper however, lifted his arms to twiddle with his eyebrows, deep in thought. He must have known something. As I stood completely dumbstruck, Vesper flipped the switch yet again, switching his demeanor.

"Annigan '' Vesper said my name with an upturned face. He walked towards the boy with the white patched hair. "I'll leave him to you. After all, we can't reject brethren!"

Brethren? As far as I knew sol dwellers and moon were enemies with no leeway. The war waged between us was far too lethal for a neutral side. Far too lethal for our kind to branch off and create tribes that will play to be nothing more than burdens.

Scarface seemed as shocked as I was regarding Vesper's sudden change of heart.

"U-uh-"

Vesper let out a booming laugh, patting Scarface on the back as if they were kin.

" Annigan, don't tell me you're going to leave this old man to interview him?" he pointed at the boy's chest, suffocating over his own raspy chuckles. He turned towards the boy. "Good luck son, go get her"

Scarface seemed to be warming up to Vesper's swing as he too played a part of this new friendship

"Oh don't worry about me sir, I think it's your granddaughter that should be preparing for my to swoon for charm."

Granddaughter?

They mingled as I stood there, the embodiment of anger and annoyance totaling me. "Ok Vesper that's enough" I walked towards them with an elevated voice, separating Scarface from my master like pulling off a band aid. "Nobody will be getting anything other than valuable information that will spare our kind from being infiltrated."

Vesper, who's maturity flew out the window, walked away before I could even start to ask him about anything I had been meaning to ask him about. He put an arm in the air as a wave goodbye.

" Annigan maybe you should learn a thing or two while you interview this guy" he continued to stroll away, his voice thinning " a sense of humor maybe," dropping the playfulness he ended it: "you could also learn some more."

And so he left me alone with this nerve tickling heap of bad jokes. This whole time I could sense he'd just been waiting to talk to me.

"Aww, looks like gramps is leaving you to me now Anni" my arms still linked in his, tugged him towards the room

"Oh please, you two were made for each other, of course he'd say that. And for the last time its Annigan"

He pouted

"I have a name too you know" he neared me taking advantage of the fact that I was tugging his arm urging him to get inside. His pettiness was contagious. "Don't you remember?"

I opened the door in a struggle.

" Remember? You mean in the state I was drifting in and out of consciousness? I don't think so buddy"

Entering the room for interrogation I pulled out an orange seat. Pushing him away from me I crossed over to the other side, taking a seat with my legs wide open on my navy blue chair. The same chair I had discovered countless failures of spies, attempting to lurk through our airtight security. I picked up my bullet point pen and immediately started to fidget, a nasty habit. My eyes however stayed transfixed on scarry here, who continued with a little bow, one arm in front and the other behind.

"Arki, ready and at your service" At last he sat down leaning forward in the desk with his hands cupping his cheeks and batting his eyelashes "Arki and Anni, quite a pair"

Arki

I couldn't help but think this was no coincidence. The fact that my dead friend and this goofball shared the same name. She'd been on my mind far too much that past day. I wouldent indulge someone like him with a name like that. No way in the stars.

"Scarface is all you'll ever be too me"

"Well suit yourself Anni" he leaned back crossing his legs "can't you think of a better nickname though"

"Would you rather be old man?" I grunted pointing at his hair as he overdramatically acted offended. Gasping he recited:

"Making fun of my hair are you?" Ah I see; my long hair and luscious white eyelashes make you jealous."

"I wouldn't be jealous of a guy with a man bun if my life depended on it" I patted my own hair down " I wouldn't be surprised if you're jealous of the masculinity I have that clearly compensated for your lack of it"

He merely shrugged "Hmph, touché"

Realizing I'd been having too much fun, I straightened up in preparation to conduct the interview. My patience was scarce.

"So let's get to the point, shall we."

"Nah, I'd rather not"

"Awesome, let's get you exiled for your non compliance with the troopers."

He rolled up his sleeves, displaying more of his golden skin. It was getting hot in the sun room, no pun intended. "No fun now are you"

"No closer to becoming a stoner now are you?"

And so it started.

Time for the interview.