54. Purgatory

start of Runaway Fam + Hostel Arc so fun stuff is gonna happen now !!

comment and vote please 🙏🙏

Her battered converse made a perfect line as she forced one foot in front of the other. J High was some sort of purgatory, slowly sapping away at YN's life. Before Daniel Park showed up and she saw Eden and her life flipped, she had dealt with the monotony by babysitting Yenna, but now she had left them, for Yenna's own safety. Anything involving Gun weighed heavily on her heart. Everything had been going downhill ever since that day in the alley when he had kissed her (ch: firearm). The sprightly youth never failed to surprise, she thought sagely (and jokingly).

It's not like the peace was a bad thing though; despite Gun's threats, he hadn't come for her yet. Neither had Johan. Neither had anyone from Big Deal or Hostel.

Jake was locked up and had forbidden her from visiting, and Central Seoul had way less Hostel fams than the more undesirable Gangdong.

Someone laid a hand on her shoulder, and YN didn't react impulsively, welcoming the disruption in her routine. "Yes?" she asked sweetly, eagerness for a fight saturating her tone.

"100 bucks if you spit on my hands!"

Oh... that's not... She couldn't keep her distaste out of her expression, catching the man's wrist and pulled up his sleeve, then glancing over his forehead, shoulder, and collarbone, slightly relieved at the lack of 'h' tattoo. His eyes widened as if he had never expected to get this far. So he's not a runaway fam, he's just a weirdo.

Also slightly disappointed, she began to walk away. The man caught her hair.

"200 for your hair."

She rolled her eyes and grabbed his hand, before flipping him over her shoulder and dashing him into the ground. She thought about stomping his face in but couldn't be bothered.

YN washed her hands profusely after arriving at school. I jinxed it, she mused. That man was doing exactly what a Hostel fam would do, right after she thought that the Gangdong practices wouldn't contaminate Central Seoul. Seems like Hostel might find us afterall... Guilt wormed through her gut. I should visit Eli.

"I think you can stop washing your hands now, unless you're trying to wash your stupidity away. It might take a while though," said Zack.

YN shuddered. "You don't even know. This morning some guy told me he'd pay me a hundred bucks to spit in his hands...then grabbed my hair and said he'd pay for it. I might need to keep washing..." she explained, drying hard with a paper towel.

Jay tapped her shoulder worriedly. Daniel's jaw was dropped open with shock.

"A hundred bucks for spit..." mused Zack, flabbergasted. "Maybe I should–"

"OMG that happened to me too it was literally so scary!" Zoe added. "He wanted my stockings too!

"Olfactophilia," said Jace. WTF is he doing in this classroom... "Or paraphilia. More specifically, they're attracted to other people's bodily scents. To them they're treasures. Where there's a demand, there's a supply. It's as simple as that. Guys go nuts to buy it. If they distribute via foreign social media, it's almost impossible to track. Catching them's out of the question."

I could catch them... YN fiddled nervously, twisting her fingers. The runaway fam's are easy to bait, but no matter what they do they won't get the head... And then I would be one of the heads.

"--YN!"

YN flinched and snapped back to the present. The group was looking at her curiously, and she realized she was wearing a rather distraught expression. She hadn't even noticed Mary come up and start tugging on Jace's ears.