Ⲥⲏⲁⳏⲧⲉⲅ 14

❝ Hey, now you say you want it back; Now that it's just too late
Well, it could've been easy; All you had to do was (stay) ❞

Madeline Wolff POV

I didn't know I still stood a chance with him. Toto is not the type of man to forgive and forget but he sure was the type of man to honor his vows and he vowed to love me all his life and I vowed to love him all of mine. And I love him.

Waking up in his arms was like being back to being happy. The relief I felt once I woke up was almost mind-boggling because it felt unreal that I could be back here in the place we've made a home.

"Good morning," his voice is husky from just waking up, and I give him some space, or I try to, but his arms pull me in as he hugs me and kisses the top of my head.

"Good morning," I say back as I look up at him.

"Let's eat something; your mom is meeting us there before the practice happens," he says and I nod as I sit down.

"We shouldn't tell them until we have a certainty that we can work this out," I comment as we choose what to wear and I was surprised to see the few clothes I left there were still where I left them.

"We can work anything out, but maybe it's better to go slow; I don't want to confuse them Especially Millie, she is still too happy about us being in the same space together. We can't give her that hope back and then get separated if you decide to do so," he says as he puts on his Mercedes's buttoned shirt, and I watch.

"I don't want to get divorced and I never wanted to. I just thought it was the best option. I would prefer to be sad over letting you go than to lose you all at once. He made it seem like you would hate me and take the kids; he always said how you didn't love me and didn't care about me because you weren't here. I fully believed it until I saw you again," I confess, and he turns around and walks in my direction.

"I love you. I always did. You were manipulated by a bastard who knew you were in a debilitated state. I will make sure he loses his license, and he will never do the same to anyone else. He is targeting you, and he won't get what he wants. I will end my career this year if you want me to, but you and the kids are my priorities," he caresses my cheek and I lean my head into his hand. I missed his touch.

"I know it now. I just want you to know I always loved you too. I just thought it was a lose-lose situation," I said, and he widely smiled.

"I will always make sure my wife wins at all times; I can control that better than I can control my team; there are too many outside factors in my job. I won't divorce you unless there's a reason for it to happen. We've had communication problems but we can work it out. We will go to therapy, individual and joint, and we will work through this together. I am not giving up, much less now that I know what is happening," he is confident, and I nod.

"You were always the problem solver," I joke and he nods.

"And you were always the problem maker, always inventing problems where there aren't," he jokes back, and we both laugh.

"The perfect pair then," I say as I tiptoe and kiss him.

He kissed me back, and it felt like heaven. I am not divorcing this man. My life was hell without him, and I refuse to go back to that.

So we got dressed and went on with our lives. After breakfast, we quickly got to the paddock. He went to the garage, and I went to the motorhome; my mom arrived, and only Millie was with her, and she quickly got distracted by Lewis, who was chatting with her and some other staff members.

"Where's Leo?" I ask worriedly.

"Went to the garage to meet his father," she says calmly, and I nod, relieved.

"Did they behave?" I ask, and she nods.

"I am more worried about their parents. How was that talk? I sure hope it wasn't about the splitting assets; you need to stop that bullshit, darling. No man will ever love you as much as he did. He has been the most devoted man I've ever met; your dad can no longer bear to hear me gush about him," she is still somewhat angry, but I looked around.

"We stopped it. I told him everything I was keeping for myself, and we decided we are in this together now," her face completely lightened up as I said those words, and she hugged me.

"I am so glad, baby; you seemed happier today, and I wished that was why. I just love you so much, and I like to know you are well-loved by him, too," she is excited, and I laugh.

"Now, keep it cool because we are taking it slow. We don't want the kids to know; I don't want to give them hope for something that might be irreparable," I say, and she seems worried.

"You can tell me what happened whenever you feel ready, of course. Whatever it is, you and Toto are the type of couple that can survive anything if you communicate from now on," she has always been supportive, and I am damn thankful for that.

"I- I am scared. Our dynamic won't be the same. We separated for 3 years, and we might've lost it all, we might be missing what we had, and we might not like what we have now," I confess, and she shakes her head.

"You are both very adaptable, and the love you had was always here; that didn't change. Just go with the flow; it won't hurt to try," she says as she hugs me, and I hug her back. I watch as Millie runs to join our hug, so I take her into my lap, and we hug. 

It felt good to be like this again. It feels good, to be honest.