012~ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴꜱ?

The Potter twins, Ron and Hermione, sat together in the Gryffindor common room, engrossed in the book the twins had discovered earlier. 

"Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone," Hermione read aloud. Harry and Ron, perplexed, exclaimed, "The what?" 

Elizabeth rolled her eyes and retorted, "Honestly, don't you two read? 'The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It'll transform any metal into pure gold and produces the Elixir of Life which will make the drinker immortal.'" 

"Immortal?" Ron asked, stunned. Hermione explained, "That means you'll never die." 
Ron, his voice laced with anger, responded, "I know what it means," eliciting a hushing gesture from Harry. 

Hermione continued reading, "'The only Stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist who last year celebrated his 665th birthday.' That's what Fluffy's guarding on the 3rd floor. That's what's under the trapdoor. The Philosopher's Stone."

~~~

Later in the evening, the four students hurried to Hagrid's hut. Harry knocked, and Hagrid, clad in an apron and oven mitts, opened the door. 

Apologetically, he said, "Oh, hello, sorry, don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no fit state to entertain today." He prepared to shut the door, but the four exclaimed boisterously, "We know about the Philosopher's Stone." Hagrid reopened the door, and the children entered. 

Harry declared, "We think Snape's trying to steal it." Hagrid replied, putting his hand on his forehead, "Snape? Blimey, yer not still on about him, are yeh?" 

"Hagrid, we know he's after the Stone. We just don't know why, " Harry pressed on. Hagrid contradicted, "Snape is one of the teachers protecting the Stone. He's not about to steal it." 

The children gazed at the half-giant, bewildered. Hagrid continued, "You heard correctly. Now come on, I'm a bit preoccupied today." 

Elizabeth interjected, "Wait a minute. 'One of the teachers?'" Hermione interjected, "Of course! There are other things defending the Stone, aren't there? Spells, enchantments." 

Hagrid confirmed, "That's right. Waste of bloody time, if ya ask me. Ain't no one gonna get past Fluffy. Hehe. Ain't a soul knows how, except for me and Dumbledore. I shouldn't have told yeh that. I should not have told yeh that."

Then a cauldron over the fire began to rattle. The sound echoed through the room, making the kids jump in surprise. Hagrid rushed over there and picked up an egg and placed it on the table. The egg was enormous, at least the size of a large melon, and had a hard, leathery shell that was a deep shade of grey. 

Harry looked at it curiously, asking, "Uh, Hagrid, what exactly is that?" Ron intervened, exclaiming proudly, "I know what that is! But, Hagrid, how did you get one?" he asked. Hagrid started talking, "I won it. Off a stranger I met down at a pub. Seemed quite glad to be rid of it, as a matter of fact." He chuckled and shook his head, clearly amused by the memory.

The egg rattled and cracked open as pieces flew off; a small baby dragon emerged. It was tiny, no larger than a housecat, with scales that shimmered in the firelight. It let out a high-pitched squeak as it slipped on an egg piece and tumbled to the ground. "Is that... a dragon?" Hermione asked confused. Her eyes were wide with wonder and a hint of fear.

Ron answered, "That's not just a dragon. That's a Norwegian Ridgeback. My brother Charlie works with these in Romania." He sounded proud and knowledgeable, happy to be the expert in the room. Hagrid exclaimed, "Isn't he beautiful? Oh, bless him. Hehehe. Hallo, Norbert." He reached out a massive hand and gently stroked the dragon's head, earning fiery breath in return.

The kids chuckled. The dragon baby took a few wobbly steps towards him, its tail swishing back and forth. Elizabeth asked, laughing, "Norbert?" She sounded amused by the name, a smile playing on her lips.

"Yeah, well, he's gotta have a name, don't he? Don't yeh, Norbert?", Hagrid said to the dragon baby. He scooped up the dragon and cradled it in his arms, looking like a proud father. Then the little dragon unexpectedly flew into the air and landed on Elizabeth's shoulder, gently nudging her. She let out a delighted laugh and carefully wrapped her arms around it, holding it in place.

She carefully caressed his back, "Hello, little Norbert." It let out a little roar. "He said, he really likes his name," Elizabeth declared, stunned. Hagrid looked at the girl in awe, he has never seen something like that before. A wide grin spread across his face as he watched the scene before him.

"Well, what do ya know," he chuckled. "He seems to have taken quite a liking to yeh, eh, Norbert?" The dragon baby let out another roar, nuzzling deeper into Elizabeth's shoulder. The girl giggled, her eyes sparkling with delight.

Hagrid couldn't help but marvel at the sight before him. It was unlike anything he'd ever seen. He'd never seen a dragon be so tame, so trusting. It seemed to have taken quite a liking to Elizabeth, and the feeling was mutual. The girl's face was filled with joy as she held the little dragon close to her.

"Ya know, Elizabeth," Hagrid said, his voice filled with wonder, "it's not often you come across someone who can understand a dragon's language. It's a gift, truly. A gift that not many people have."

Elizabeth blushed at the compliment. "Well, I don't know about that, Hagrid. But I do feel like there's something special between us." She looked down at the dragon baby, her eyes twinkling. "I mean, just look at him. Isn't he the most beautiful creature you've ever seen?"

Suddenly, the group caught sight of a young blond-haired individual peering through the window. Hagrid motioned to the disappearing figure and inquired, "Who's that?" 

Harry replied, "Malfoy."

~~~

The quartet proceeded down a corridor and was intercepted by Professor McGonagall, who was attired in a nightgown. Greeting the students with a stern countenance, she said, "Good evening." Behind her, Malfoy materialized, a smug expression of triumph on his face. Elizabeth glared at him angrily. 'This damn snitch!', she thought. 

The four stood before McGonagall's desk, attentively listening as she pronounced their punishment, "Nothing, I repeat, nothing gives a student the right to walk about the school at night. Therefore, as punishment for your actions, 50 points will be taken. Each." 

The students gasped in shock as McGonagall continued, "And to ensure it doesn't happen again, all five of you will receive detention."
Malfoy's smile promptly vanished.

"Excuse me, Professor, perhaps I heard you wrong. I thought you said the five of us," Malfoy inquired, confused. 

Professor McGonagall answered, "No, you heard me correctly, Mr. Malfoy. You see, honorable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed after hours. You will join your classmates in detention." 

A grin appeared on Elizabeth's face, as she knew that the tables have turned.