PROLOGUE: The Moment I Told You

Jazlyn twiddled her fingers as she stood in front of Kaia in the staircase that led to their gym.

"You like me?" Kaia asked, disbelief spread across her face.

"Yes. And I thought that you knew that's why you ghosted me the whole summer and I didn't want things to be awkward during the school year because you're my best friend and I don't want you to be uncomfortable around me, so yes. I like you" Jazlyn breathed out.

"I...hold on, I don't know what to say. I just can't believe it ate Jaz, you like me?" Kaia laughed.

"I honestly thought that you knew because I wasn't exactly hiding it." Jazlyn laughed as well.

"Well, thank you for telling me...pero I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for ghosting you during the summer, it was about something else altogether. And I - bat ang likot mo?" Kaia laughed.

"Because I'm nervous around you, but please just keep talking." Jazlyn said, unable to keep still.

"Well, I just wanted to reassure you na I didn't ghost just you, I pretty much ghosted everyone kaya galit si Reigne at Jacqueline sakin. I honestly had no idea that you liked me. Thanks for telling me, but you know me..." Kaia said.

"Yeah, don't worry, I know." Jazlyn said, thinking back to all of the conversations they've had about Kaia not wanting to be in a committed relationship after being cheated on by her ex boyfriend.

"So are we good?" Kaia asked.

"Yeah, we're good." Jazlyn smirked.

This was going to be one hell of a school year.