Chapter 2

boy pov:

Hello, and my name is Zack. I am Katie's soulmate (I hope) and I am 16 years old.

My birthday is on the 24 of November, and Katie doesn't like it so much as it is close to Christmas. but it's okay, i am always thoughtful and understand if she cannot get me much, I'm always grateful for what she does get me.

I have dark brown hair down to my eyebrows, vibrant blue eyes and I have long eyelashes as Katie says. I have a medium-sized nose, medium lips, soft eyes, brown bushy eyebrows, and small ears.

I am lactose and gluten intolerant which can be very annoying.

I moved from a city to Wales 2 years ago, 1 day after Katie's birthday. on the 19th of September. I am originally from a city and that is where almost all my family lives. but I never see them often. I am currently doing my GCSEs but have future ambitions to become an engineer. I am quite hopeful for the future and always aspire to become the best version of myself.

I met Katie in an Instagram group, but I never would've known where it would lead...

so let me go back in time, and tell you where it all began in 2022...

One morning I woke up at 9:00 am on a Saturday. it was the day that I would be moving to Wales. my eyes were still blurry as I had just woken up to my alarm on my phone. I heard birds tweeting outside my window peacefully. I also heard cars gliding across the roads outside my window. You wouldn't think people would be up this early on a weekend, but apparently, I'm wrong.

I lightly rub my eyes and stumble out of my bed. I'm wearing my black and white checkered pjs and my hair is a mess. there are boxes of stuff cluttered all around my room. I've lived in this city all my life, I don't want to leave but I know I have to. we're moving to a bungalow for my younger brother, Zayne. He has something wrong with his back which makes it very difficult to walk. At the same time, I felt relieved because it was a new life. a new start. I was sort of excited in a way of what was to come.

I stretch my arms out widely and make a big yawn. I checked my phone, no notifications. not even one. I wonder if anyone will think of me when I move. I told a few of my friends before that I would be moving away. they seemed upset, but happy for me.

I waddle over to my bathroom which was a left from my room. I go into the bathroom and close the door behind me. I stare at myself for a few seconds in the mirror and squeeze some spots I notice on my face. That's probably the worst thing about hitting puberty, all of the spots, and alongside that, for men, we have voice cracks, and they happen in the most embarrassing times ever. it's awful. Although I'm 15 now and already been through all that, I still get an occasional voice crack.

I pick up a flannel I left out on the side of the sink and wash my face with water. I then found my hairbrush and gave my hair a quick brush. I don't have the time to have a shower today, too much that needs to be done, I've still got 10 boxes of stuff I need to pack before we leave.

I also need to help Zayne pack as he can't reach things. I have 2 brothers. One is Zayne, he is 14. The other is Scott. he is 23. I also have an older sister called Sophie, who is 26, and a daughter called Amaiyah who is 3. My brothers live with me, and my sister and niece don't.

I went back to my room, feeling fresh and more awake after cleaning my face, and got some fresh clothes out. I decided to wear my new white Champions shirt which I got last weekend with my mum and some black joggers. I stretched the shirt over my shoulders and down to my hips. I then pulled my pants through my feet and up to my hips. I then slide on some black socks and put on my shoes.

I then walked into the kitchen to grab some food. I decided to have some croissants. I opened the cupboard next to the fridge and stretched myself up to grab the packet of croissants. I then grounded my body, opened the bag, took 2 of them out, and placed it back into the cupboard. I couldn't have much variation of what to eat. partly because I'm lactose and gluten intolerant, but also partly because my mum had already got rid of all the out-of-date food and put all the fresh food into boxes to bring with us to Wales.

I then munch on my croissants and once finished, I brush my teeth. I put the toothpaste on my toothbrush turned it on and swished it around my teeth for 2 minutes, staring at myself in the mirror making sure not to have any chunks of food left in my teeth.

I then head back to my room to begin packing things. I have a huge car collection in my room that I've been avoiding putting away since there are so many. I might as well start with that first. I picked up a BMW model and placed it in the box. then a Mercedes, then an Audi, and many other cars. this took me about an hour to do.

The time is 10:35 am. I have done 5 out of the 10 boxes. I unplugged everything on my computer, and put the keyboard, mouse, PC, monitors, mouse pad, and wheel all together in a big box and put it on my bed. next, I opened my wardrobe took out all my shirts, pants, and underwear and sorted it into piles. then I put them all in individual boxes. Then I gathered up my shoes and put them in a box. Finally, all the packing in my room was done at last.

I walk over to Zane's room and lightly knock on his door. he has long, brown curly hair down to his shoulders, a round face, light brown eyebrows, and blue eyes. he's also autistic and mute. I knock a second time.

"Zane?" I spoke.

"Zane, are you awake?" I asked putting my ear lightly against the door.

"Would you still like me to help you pack?"

"yes please," Zane replied with a croaky voice.

I pushed down the handle of the door and turned it open. I saw him sitting there upright on his bed playing on his Nintendo Switch.

"you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah," he replied.

I could hear sound effects coming from his Nintendo Switch I'm assuming by the music it's Zelda.  I look around his room. he had already begun packing stuff by the looks of it. he packed all of his clothes and shoes and picture frames off his wall, all the stuff within his reach without having to bend down.

"What do you want me to pack for you?", I inquired.

"Just the stuff on my desk and my computer please", he mumbled quietly.

I turned my head to look at his desk, it was quite messy, yet usually,  it is a lot messier. I begin gathering up all the pens, pencils, rubbers, rulers, and all the stationary from his desk and put them together in a box.

Suddenly, my mum came into my room.

"Zack, have you done packing?", she asked.

"Yeah, I have, I'm just helping Zane with packing his stuff then that's all of it. I'll help pack it all into the car if you want," I responded.

"Yeah can you please that would be a great help I don't think I'll be able to carry all of them on my own", she said.

"of course no problem.", I replied.

"Okay, see you later", mum responded.

"bye Mum", I said.

Next, I decided to unplug everything on his computer. all of the cables and all of that. The mouse, The mouse mat, The keyboard, the PC, the wire for the PC, the monitors, the wires for the monitors, and all of the rest of the stuff.

With all of the cables, I made sure to wrap them all up neatly and curled them all up around my finger. I put all the stuff into the box and said bye to Zane.

then I bring all his boxes to the boot of the car and heave them in with all the other stuff that Mum, Dad, and Scott already packed into the boot of the car. I then walked back in through the front door and headed to my room to collect a box at a time and put it into the car. finally, they all were in, and that was the last of the packing.

I had sweat dripping off my face and down my neck. I deffo need a shower tomorrow, I said to myself.