Prologue

Do you ever wonder how you could get something so wrong?

People always tend to tell you to follow your heart when it comes to love, but why is it that they don't tell you how conflicting it is to know that your heart and your mind keep saying two completely different things.

"are you okay?" Loki says.

I felt something shift in me as he said that, I hadn't realized I was disassociating.

I turned to face him with a small smile and said "yeah of course! why?"

"you seem angry with me, did I do something?"

"of course not, i'm just tired."

I turned to look back outside, there was something about driving in the rain that made me emotional. It actually always felt like I was always free to be myself in the rain, yet here I was feeling uneasy. For the first time in a while, something felt out of place, perhaps not something but more someone...

me

I continued to look out the car window, the sound of rain drops falling on the windows of the car put me in a trance. I might not have been alone in the car, but it damn sure felt like it. I turned to look at Loki and he reached his hand for mine.

It should feel endearing shouldn't it? I should feel loved, happy even. so why is it that I feel indifferent?