Prologue

3 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚐𝚘…

"The king and queen await you, my lady" Said Diana, the nursemaid of the bubbly princess Arcane, though the heir to one of the largest kingdoms in Vicroix, the princess was just as humble as she was kind. "Yes, coming Diana! "Said the princess as she sprinted to the top of the grand staircase as her hair fell in ringlets around her.

The other nations were afraid of the king and queen of Vicroix but to their daughter they were the nicest people imaginable. No matter how busy they were Arcane never had to wait to see them. But on the 24th of January things started to take a turn for the worst..

After having tea with her mother Arcane wandered the halls of the main palace, adorned in smooth silks she made her way into the king's office. As she stepped in she heard voices

"𝘚𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘳?"

Then she heard it, that demonic voice that plagued her dreams, "𝘕𝘰! 𝘕𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘐'𝘮 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯” she tried to calm her thoughts

But she wasn't.

There in the silver glow of the moonlight she saw a translucent creature that looked like it belongs in her nightmares with sharp fangs and talons as sharp as knives in one word a true demon.

𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦? 𝘐𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘳
𝘧𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘦?

She hid behind a wall to try to listen to what that thing was saying still trembling with fear, then she heard it

"You have been doing what I've said for quite some time now, king Corvus" the monster said with mirth. It was a demonic sound like a thousand mountains breaking apart.

"Yes of course" said the king with pure fear in his voice.

"And I wouldn't like to inconvenient the most powerful king and queen of vicroix" Said the voice in a mocking tone. Her father's agitated voice rang out "Please tell me what you desire"

"the sceptre of serenity my gracious king” it was as if the demon was making a simple request.

The princess didn't know what it was back then and when she finally got the courage to run she did. She went to her chambers and started looking through her library for even the tiniest mention of this scepter.

The next day when she woke she wanted to chalk it up to a nightmare but something in her knew that was not the case.

I will find out what the sceptre of serenity is and i will stop that thing from corrupting my father” Arcane thought as she had to if not for her father then for her kingdom.

During the next two years her mother Queen Cressida would berate her as to why she put so much time in sword fighting and reading about history and fi.

And Arcane Vesper would continue to grow stronger.

And if she thought she was just as weak she was years ago then that would be her secret till death.

And our princess who had a change of heart regarding her father would soon have to embark on a dangerous journey.