CHAPTER 24

Liv's POV

"I already positioned my man around the venue, I'll be at the entrance and make sure na hindi mahahalata ng mga bisita ang mga tao ko sa paligid. Meron na din akong tao sa loob na nagseserve ng drinks, all body cameras are on." I nodded while clenching my jaw, arriving at the venue with a fully guarded place.

I gently touch the gun hidden in my coat, to make sure that I bring it. This party is in alert mode, because there's big chances Henderson might sneak here to get Nathalia again. I won't let that happen.

"This is hard Liv, maraming taong dumadalo, paano kung gumawa ng gulo ang Henderson na para lang makuha si Nathalia," Helix sounded hesitant for this mission.

"That's your man's job, make sure everyone's safe, and I'll handle Henderson myself. Won't let him touch a strand of her hair. I'll kill him myself."

"Hey, calm down this is not the time to bring all your anger from the past, what's important right now is to make sure he won't show up here, or catch him before he could arrive here." Helix said, I just didn't say a word and hang-up the call.

My eyes roamed around the venue, I planned on keeping it a secret for now. Because I don't want to ruin Nathalia's special day, this is important for her and her family.

Where the f*ck are you, Henderson?

How the f*ck did you escape? Don't you dare show yourself here, I will kill you this time.

"Liv," Naivy showed up, so I instantly act like I'm not hiding a mission around the venue, smile at her and greeted her. "Naivy, you did great at this party, it looks good." I said, she chuckled and looked around.

"This is what Nath deserves, and I will do anything just to make her happy." she genuinely utters, gaze at the decorations that look perfect for Nathalia's comeback. While I was gazing at the decoration, I didn't notice her staring at me.

"You look worried, may problema ba?" she asked, "Nothing," I uttered, I can't tell her what's happening right now, she will be scared and worried for her sister the whole party. "Are you sure?" again, he asked.

I nodded and before I could speak, the mc speak out loud and announces Nathalia's entrance.

All eyes on her, she enters the venue with a beautiful lavender dress, with curly hair, she looks like a fairy lost in the middle of the forest, a beauty that has been hidden beneath, looking at her felt like being with an enchantress. She's shining like a star, slowly she walks and smiles at everyone, you can see it through her eyes that she's happy and I don't want to ruin that.

I felt intense as our eyes met. In the midst of all the guests here, she manages to look for me and see me at the back. She smiled at me and mouthed the word 'Thank you' before she headed up the stage.

"Our lovely Ms. Nathalia Hanaley Minami Tyson, stunning in her Lavender dress, turning 25 and still managing to look so young and goddess. Hello Ms. Nath, how are you feeling right now?" the MC asked her and gave her the mic.

"I feel grateful and happy that everyone is here right now, this is considered my first celebrated birthday after the accident that happened to me. Now, I just feel very grateful that all of the people here were there when I was struggling and they didn't leave me. Thank you very much, please enjoy the party and the food."

"Ok, so tonight we're here to celebrate another life for our lovely Ms. Nathalia, we might as well call out the parents to have their words for Ms. Nathalia. Mrs. and Ms. Tyson."

The event started with a speech and a cotillion dance. I can't focus the whole time because I must stay alert and focus on the people around here. I was so busy thinking and guarding, I didn't realize the cotillion is done and now everyone is having their meal already.

I instantly gaze at the stage to look for Nathalia, but she's not there. "Shit!" I whispered and was about to run and look for her when someone poke my arms. I automatically glance at it when there she was standing behind me with a small plate of cake in her hand.

I felt relieved seeing her safe, "Hey," I greeted her, she smiled at me. "Looking for me?" she playfully uttered, I nodded and stood straight in front of her, can't hold not to smile at those beautiful faces.

You're my weakness, and you badly know how to use it to me.

"You look so handsome tonight," she whispered, and put the small plate on the table beside us. Reach for my hand.

"The floor is open for us to dance, everyone!" the MC suddenly said, and that gave Nath the chance to pull me in the middle and guide my arms around her waist and put hers on my shoulders.

"I'm so happy Liv, I feel free, and I want you to see that." she whispered and moved closer to me. My eyes were locked at her, I can't breathe close to her, she's making me weak and I love it.

My heart is also happy seeing you like this, I move a strand of hair that is covering her face and put it behind her left ear. You been through a lot of tough times, and some of those I wasn't there, I promise this time, every single day of your struggle. I will always be there. 

I don't want you to suffer again, If I could suffer it for you. I'm wiling to do it. Right now, I will admit it to myself that I'm scared of losing you again, but as long as I can avoid it I will do it even if I'm scared as f*ck.

That's how much I love you. I want to say all of that but I can't. Not right now. I want you to stay as happy as you can, today.  

"I want you to see that I'm already healed, not perfectly healed but I'm going there, I want you to see that I'm back and this time I'm ready to accept your lo—," I was waiting for this day to happen but she was cut off.

"Nath." someone called out her name.

We both looked at it, Nathalia instantly gasped, hurriedly covered her mouth and shed tears. She looks like she'd seen a ghost.

The person looks familiar, I just can't remember who it was. "N-no." Nath said as her voice started to crack.

I watch her shiver and slowly call out the name of the person who caught our attention.

"Kiel." Kiel?