Prologue

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows over the desolate streets, Iseul stood alone, her heart heavy with grief and determination

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows over the desolate streets, Iseul stood alone, her heart heavy with grief and determination. With each step she took, the weight of her burden grew heavier, the knowledge that she alone possessed the power to end the suffering of those consumed by loveless monsters.

But as she raised her hand, ready to unleash her magic upon the approaching creature, her breath caught in her throat as she recognized the familiar figure before her. It was her beloved friend, Lin, her once radiant smile now twisted into a grotesque parody of humanity.

"Lin..." Iseul whispered, her voice barely more than a breath, her eyes brimming with tears.

Lin's empty gaze met Iseul's, a silent plea for mercy echoing through the silent night. "Iseul,please... help me," she whispered, her voice tinged with pain and desperation.

Iseul's hand trembled as she struggled to maintain her resolve, her heart torn between duty and love. How could she bring herself to harm the one person she held most dear?

"Lin, I can't..." Iseul's choked out, her voice thick with emotion, her magic faltering as doubt clouded her mind.

But as drew closer, her form shifting and contorting with each agonizing step, Iseul knew that she could not stand idly by and watch her friend suffer. With a heavy heart, she lowered her hand, her magic fading into the darkness as she embraced her one last time.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't save you lin" Iseul whispered, voice trembling with sorrow. "I can't lose you this easily."
....