Ch. 2| Regroup

Adventually, the team was able to portal out of New York and back to the kingdom of Katolis. Waiting for them was a young woman with dark brown hair with white bangs, brown eyes, and was wearing a purple shirt with a magenta skull on it, bluish purple mini vest, short jean skirt, black leggings, and black boots. Her name is Claire Nunez, Douxie's best friend.

With her were 2 young half-elf children. The first one was a young girl with white hair, hazel eyes, and was wearing her pajamas. Her name is Riley Casperan. Rayla and Douxie's daughter.

The second one was a teenage boy with brown hair, olive green eyes, and was wearing a dark red shirt, dark gray pants, and brown boots. He also wears an old red scarf around his neck that belonged to his father. His name is Callum Jr. or just Junior for short. He is Rayla and Callum's son/Douxie's step son.

"Thank you so much, Claire." Rayla said, still holding on to Douxie to help him stand. "We really appreciate you."

"No problem, but what the hell happened?!" Claire asked in shock at the sight of her friend's condition. "The kids don't need to see their dad like this."

"Oh, he was nearly killed by the leader of a gang." Shane said honestly which caused the others to just glare at him. "What? It's the truth."

"Yeah but the kids are right there." Twilight said seriously.

"It's fine. . .I'm fine." Douxie said weakly as he slowly let go of Rayla, still covering his wound to stop the bleeding. "Really, it's just a small stab wound. I've survived worse."

"Auntie, Claire?" Riley asked, concerned and a little scared. "Is Daddy really going to be okay?"

"Ha! Please, your dad got his ass kicked. By thugs, I'm assuming, based on the weapon of choice." Junior said as a matter of factly before giving a disbelieving scoff. "And you're supposed to be a master wizard? Pathetic."

"Junior!" Rayla snapped. "Don't tell her that!"

"What? It's true, isn't it?" Junior said as he rolled his eyes. "Douxie is nothing compared to father, who by the way, would be very disappointed in you, mom."

Douxie was taken back by the comment as he didn't really know how to respond. Rayla, on the other hand, let out a small growl in anger as she didn't like how her son was acting.

There was silence for a moment before Claire knelt down to the white haired girl. "Uh, don't listen to them, Daddy will be just fine." Claire said honestly as she picked up the girl. "Let's go to your room, while Mommy and Junior figure things out."

With that said, Claire walked away with Riley leaving Rayla, Douxie and Junior alone.

"Look, I know Douxie isn't your father and that's okay. I never expected you to call him dad." Rayla said once she was calmer. "And I know you miss your father, but you still need to show him respect."

"I don't want to talk about this right now." Junior said seriously as he started to walk away before giving a small sigh. "But I will say. . .I'm sorry, Douxie. And I really hope you're okay. For my mom and sister's sake."

With that said, the brown haired boy walked away and Rayla sighed as she walked back over to Douxie and started to help wrap up his wound. "I'm sorry about him."

"Don't be, I know he just misses his father." Douxie said with a slight wince from pain.

"Oh, sorry, too tight?" Rayla asked.

"No, I'm fine just a shock that's all." Douxie said with a small smile. "Anyway, yeah it's been a little over seven years, but everyone grieves differently. I still get emotional about Merlin every now and again."