AMERICAN WHORE: 4

I'm a princess, I'm divisive
Ask me why, why, why
I'm like this
Maybe I'm just kinda like this
I don't know, maybe I'm just like this

I'm a princess, I'm divisiveAsk me why, why, why I'm like thisMaybe I'm just kinda like thisI don't know, maybe I'm just like this

WARNING: drug abuse mentions.

*italics are the central narrator
commentary*

2006

AS Isadora and Art cuddled together their naked bodies in the girl's small bed, Isa's small frame wrapping her arms around Art's chest as he snuggled his back further into her chest, kissing her fingers and tracing her hand tattoos, as the girl counted every small freckle on his back.

A comfortable silence surrounding them.

"Do you think I'm ready?" She softy asked, her lips close to his nape, making him shiver.

Art turned his head back, pecking her chin, "I think you will do your best, as always."

Isa leaned back, disentangling her arms from the boy, "No, but do you think I can win against her?"

Art gave her a soft look, "I have seen you work so hard for this moment, win after win, I think if you focus on what's good this time around, everything will go well."

"What do you mean this time around?" She asked wrapping her arms around her legs, her foot kicking his shin.

Art sat down, spreading his naked legs, "I mean if you keep training, eating well, working hard and you know... not taking pain meds for fun." He drily replied.

Art had noticed post-sex, after cleaning himself in her bathroom, the pain meds in her cabinet.

Isadora quickly stood up, looking for some clean underwear, "I'm not taking them anymore."

He knew she was lying she always avoided eye contact, when she told a lie.

"I saw them, they're in your bathroom."

Isadora turned around, a disappointed look crossing Art's face.

"Ok, just, my father said it was okay for me to take them... in small dosis." She nodded to herself, while latching a bra to her chest.

Art started to get dressed, while observing her, furrowing his eyebrows, "I just want you to realize how bad it would look if you overdose again... not only for your image but also your body." He tried to dissipate the tension.