||Chapter 12||

The atmosphere inside Vedant's house was heavy with vulnerability

The atmosphere inside Vedant's house was heavy with vulnerability. Riya anxiously awaited Manohar's response, but he chose to remain silent

"Uncle, please, you can tell me the truth. I'm a woman too, I can understand," Riya murmured softly.

"No one is going to tell you anything," Priyank interjected sharply, his eyes filled with unmistakable hatred towards them. Riya stood up, meeting his gaze which seemed to reflect sheer contempt.

"Let's try to talk calmly, Priyank," she suggested, her voice tinged with desperation.

"There's nothing to talk about, girl," Priyank snapped, his frustration evident as he gestured emphatically.

"For heaven's sake, just leave and tell your brother to stay away from my sister's life. I can take care of her," he muttered, casting a meaningful glance at his father.

Manohar felt like he had failed as a father. Now, it was his daughter Piyali who had to confront him with the truth, and he wasn't sure if he could bear it.

Riya decided to leave for now, sensing that Priyank was too agitated to let her stay. With a final glance at Manohar, she made her way towards her car.

As Priyank sighed and turned to his father, who was still sitting on the doorstep, he gently urged him, "Papa, please come inside. We can talk to Piyali and find out what happened."

Manohar let out a bitter chuckle. "How would she know, Priyank? You're right, I shouldn't have allowed her to marry Reyansh. It's all my fault."

Priyank felt a pang of sadness. Helping his father to his feet, he reassured him, "It's okay, papa. We'll figure it out. Now, we need to take legal steps to end their relationship." Manohar nodded silently in agreement.

Meanwhile, Ramya sat beside Piyali, gently stroking her hair as tears streamed down her face, overwhelmed by her daughter's anguish. Priyank and Manohar enter inside to watch this.

"Any change?" Manohar inquired, his voice filled with concern. Ramya shook her head, indicating there had been no response.

Meanwhile, Priyank sat across from Piyali's bed, watching his sister's serene face with a mix of worry and affection.

"Come, Manohar ji, let's expedite the divorce proceedings. There's no need for her to go back to him. She'll stay with us, and we'll take care of her," Ramya suggested firmly.

Manohar nodded in agreement. "I've been thinking the same, Ramya. Let's wait for her to wake up, and then we can discuss it with her."

Two hours later, sunlight gently illuminated Piyali's face, causing her to stir. As her eyes fluttered open, panic flashed across her face. Ramya quickly reassured her, pulling her into a tight embrace.

"It's okay, sweetheart, Mumma is here," Ramya whispered soothingly, calming Piyali's trembling form.

Manohar and Priyank, awakened by the commotion, couldn't hide their relief at seeing Piyali awake.