第十三

┏┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┓Chapter Thirteen┗┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┛

┏┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┓
Chapter Thirteen
┗┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┛

Comments motivate me! Do comment as it would mean faster updates! Sorry for the wait, life has been really busy but I finally caught up with my assignments!

"I'll kill him," Aria seethed, "I'll kill him. Definitely."

Her fingers trembled with rage as she thought of Soleil—the son of the Vestalis Family who had somehow wormed his way into the Emperor's good graces. Who had somehow wormed his way into his bedchambers.

"I know you are saddened about the news of your brother, but we will—"

Aria slammed the table with great force, her eyes flashing with annoyance and pure, murderous rage.

"About my brother?" She shrieked, "I don't care about him! What I care about is that things aren't going the way they're supposed to! The Project! The funds! The Duke!"

"H-He has already shown great affection for you..."

"That's not enough." Aria murmured, "he has to love me. He's supposed to—I am the saint. We are perfect for each other, are we not? That Soleil. He reminds me distastefully of someone. He really learnt from his mother, didn't he? Cunning brats who only know how to seduce. The Royal Advisor? The lover of the Emperor? Ridiculous!"

"You could try to perhaps aim for the Emperor instead," The maid suggested, "he's at a higher standing, isn't he? And you will be Empress if you marry him. The Grand Duke is merely his cousin."

"No, no." Aria crumpled the piece of paper up, "no. If I marry the Grand Duke...he'll definitely become Emperor. I know it. And I'm not blind enough to know the Emperor only had eyes for Soleil."

"You mean the Grand Duke is planning a rebellion..."

"Not necessarily. But everything..." Her eyes darkened, her hatred growing stronger, "everything will work out. I'm sure it will. For now, we must only get rid of Soleil. And I'll do anything to make sure he dies."

After the ball had ended, Y/n collapsed onto the couch in his room—breathing out a tired sigh of relief. It hadn't proven to be as hard as he had thought; but Y/n knew the true challenge lay in the political meeting he had later on in the day. For the other nobles participating, it was a test—a chance for him to prove his capabilities.

"The mine was the cause of your worries, wasn't it.." Dion murmured, "you were always so jittery during my villa. You refused to tell me anything, but it turns out it's because of this—what a coincidence. I myself was worried about the outcome of the project."