To Love, Or Not To Love

Start from the beginning

It not only healed the cut on my hand, and also partially the wound on my shoulder. But not completely, since it was a vampire bite. Jem pulled out some bandages that he must have grabbed from the Infirmary earlier.

He pulled off the old bandage on my neck, and cleaned the wound. Then he placed the new bandage on it. I don't even know why he was doing this. He turned away from me, drank the blood from the glass and threw the old bandages in the fire.

“Why are you so nice to me?” I asked him and he turned around.

“You're giving me your blood in a chance that it might heal me. Am I supposed to be rude to you? I don't think so.”

I sat on the edge of his bed and stared into the fire, watching the bandages burn into ash.

Jem cleared his throat awkwardly. “I was wondering, if maybe you'd like to go on a walk around London with me, tomorrow. I don't think today is the day for it, it's rainy anyways. But what do you say?”

For half a second I was speechless, then I found myself smiling and saying yes. He gave me a smile and I left, planning on going back to bed. The vampire bite was really taking the energy out of me.

I found Sophie in my room, building up the fire. There was a bucket next to her, and she was muttering under her breath.

“Sophie? You don't have to do that.” I told her, and she stood up.

“All right, but it was something other than getting pails thrown at my head. His Highness is in that kind of mood tonight.”

“Who?”

“Will. He's throwing pails. You may as well come with me, you'll be needing some of this too.”

She lead me to an attic door, one that wasn't for the training room. She handed me a pail. “Good luck.” I walked up the stairs, and when I got to the top, I saw Will surrounded with holy water and had an expression on his face that clearly said he didn't want to be messed with.

“Back are you Sophie? I told you if you brought me another of those infernal pails, I would-”

“Oh shut up and drink your holy water.”

Will sat up and looked at me. “Oh, its you.” He regarded me as if I was an alien. “I guess you have to drink it too? After all, de Quincey bit you.”

I sat one bucket down in front of Will, and then took a drink out of the other. “See? Not hard.”

He rolled his eyes and picked up the other bucket, and drank out of it. Then he poured the rest of on himself.

“You bit a vampire, didn't you?” I asked him and he didn't answer, which with him, it was answer enough.

“What kind of idiot would bite a vampire?”