12. What's Wrong With Her?

Start from the beginning

"Cheers," he said before clinking their glasses together. Zoro removed his hand from her thigh and decided to drape it on their seats behind them, almost looking like it would be around her shoulders.

Nami shook her head. "I'm sorry. What victory exactly?" she wondered.

"Against the Marines," Luffy answered with a proud smile. "Our very first battle and we crushed them."

"I don't know how many naval battles you guys have been a part of -"

"Two dozen, at least," Usopp lied while sipping his beer.

"Thirty-seven," Rosie stated, which made Usopp look at her in shock. "Not including this one because it sucked so much. We were unprepared, uncoordinated." Raised her arms to stretch them then leaned back in her seat so her head was resting on the dip between Zoro's forearm and bicep. "If it wasn't for the kid going all ballon, then we would be at the bottom of the sea. Well, you three at least, the kid and I would have been drowning and...you know...die."

"Rosie has a point," Nami agreed. "And are we really going to ignore the elephant in the room, right now?" Luffy looked confused. "You didn't think to mention your grandfather was a Marine? And not just any Marine, the vice-admiral!" She looked around the group. "Don't know about you guys. I didn't sign up for that."

"You raided a Marine base. Of course that'll make you a target," Zoro stated.

"If I stole the map, no one would've known I was there, as opposed to wrecking a base commander's office."

"Give the kid a break," Rosie came to Luffy's defense. "He's still new to this whole pirate thing. And none of us asked about his family background." She let out a dry chuckle. "Seriously, what difference would it have made if he told us? You saw how his old man wasn't pushing back, regardless if Luffy's his grandson." This time she sat up straighter to look at her captain. "You did ok, Luffy. You just need to be better prepared in case the Marines catch up to us."

I shouldn't even say anything, Rosie thought. No one at this table knows my sister's a Warlord.

Sanji strolled over and placed their bill in front of Luffy. "Your bill, sir."

Luffy snapped out of his daze and grabbed the bill. Rosie held back a chuckle when Luffy didn't grab any berries to pay with. He was scribbling something on the paper, with his signature, then handed it back to Sanji.

"Thank you, my good man," Luffy said.

Sanji held the tray up, read the paper, and struggled not to laugh. "No, sir. Thank you," Sanji said. He looked at Rosie. She was already smiling and sent him a quick wink, which annoyed Zoro. Sanji laughed before heading back to the kitchen.

"Maybe you should stop leading him on," Zoro muttered to her.

Rosie shrugged. "It's just a friendly wink. I don't know about you, but I like our small interactions." Zoro narrowed his eyes, which made her pout. "Am I making you upset? Do you think I'm going to replace you or something?" Rosie tilted her head a bit while placing her hand over her heart. "I'm hurt that you'll assume such a thing." That's when curiosity got the best of her as she pushed her beating heart aside to ask, "Why would it bother you anyway?"

Usopp leaned toward Nami and whispered in her ear, "Should we tell her?"

Nami shook her head. "Let's see how this plays out."

Zoro glared at Usopp and Nami before turning his attention to Rosie. "It doesn't bother me."

》》》》

Flashback

Shachi pushed everyone out of the way as he and Law arrived in Rosie's room. His eyes widened when he heard this blood-curdling scream that sent him over the edge. Law entered Rosie's room. Bepo and Penguin shot up hearing the door slam.